Is WCBC an unhappy place to work ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Is WCBC an unhappy place to work ?

• Author

NJones
    Participant

Sadly this minority seem to be the ones who manage to stay working in the council for many years thanks to inept managers. These staff would not survive in a private company.

I could tell you a thing or two about the amount of money the council wastes from what I’ve seen and been asked to do.

sparky1
    Participant

Sometimes i think its best to be a whistleblower then maybe just maybe things might change , What most people dont seam to grasp its not WCBC’s money they are wasting it’s there’s I can see why poeple are not happy in there job if they think its a waste of time and money

.confucius once said
    “If you are truly happy in your work then you will never work again”:D

oldboy744
    Participant

@NJones 10829 wrote:

Sadly this minority seem to be the ones who manage to stay working in the council for many years thanks to inept managers. These staff would not survive in a private company.

I could tell you a thing or two about the amount of money the council wastes from what I’ve seen and been asked to do.

I partly agree although i think that local councils have been forced to change in many respects and the so called wasters are, to the larger extent, not getting away with having an easy life and i certainly dont agree with the implication that this is unique to council staff.
    I hate this whole public sector v private sector debate and having worked in both,albeit it some years ago, there is good and bad everywhere but of course public sector = public money so i understand main focus on public sector although it is still unfair to generalise.

I suppose the real measure will be demonstrated in years to come when more council services are outsourced privately. I suspect the focus then will be on profit and not service provision, and in some cases we may all long for the old days, no matter how many complaints we may have had.

zinger
    Participant

When you see 3 WCBC vans & 5 workmen at a house where a tap needs changing you do have to worry though.

Chris
    Participant

Its ok it will be contractors they work for free dont you know.

Chris
    Participant

Waste come in many forms (I think the Japs got it down to 7 types) It appears Wrexham Council equate waste to refuse.
    It is clear that they are afraid to let us know how much money is getting wasted as they will only discuss it in private. ie consultant cost for leisure centres.
    They seem to think only in terms of cuts rather than looking at ways of being more efficient.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News

Three arrested over ‘intent to supply Class B drugs’

News

16 year old charged with range of driving offences in Rhos

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of Parliament

News