Is WCBC an unhappy place to work ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Is WCBC an unhappy place to work ?

• Author

jimbow
    Participant

With 368 enquiries of expression of interest in voluntary redundancy in WCBC of which 54 have been granted,there seems a lot of people will be left working in a job they are possibly unhappy with.

Alunh
    Participant

The difficulty in these situations can be that the ones who apply for redundancy are often confident of picking up a new job and the ones that don’t aren’t. Now I am sure you can work out why some would have that confidence and others don’t

NJones
    Participant

When people get away with doing virtually nothing for years and staff are allowed to continue employment after assaulting colleagues it doesn’t make a good environment. Glad I left.

Metalhead
    Participant

@NJones 10691 wrote:

When people get away with doing virtually nothing for years and staff are allowed to continue employment after assaulting colleagues it doesn’t make a good environment. Glad I left.

That doesn’t sound very good, presuming you can’t really elaborate on a public forum?

locallad
    Participant

when lower paid staff loose salary & Bosses & Councilors get a pay rise or dont lose any Salary,i Imagine its not a happy place to work.

Darlofan
    Participant

But redundancy/pensions/easy life is why they work for the council. Everyone i know that works for councils talk about how little they do, when they moan about payrises and i ask them why don’t they leave the excuse is because of the pension provided.

MP1953
    Participant

I can see this thread getting messy :D

harry
    Participant

i think any large office environment is unhappy mainly due to the large amount of menopausal bitching women who love to make everyones life a complete misery :mad: – yes i have to put up with most days!

locallad
    Participant

Council Staff Contribute to their Pensions,they dont get it for free.

oldboy744
    Participant

@Darlofan 10766 wrote:

But redundancy/pensions/easy life is why they work for the council. Everyone i know that works for councils talk about how little they do, when they moan about payrises and i ask them why don’t they leave the excuse is because of the pension

Hopefully these friends of yours will be weeded out in the seemingly endless money saving reviews we read about. I am sure there are plenty of wasters in councils just like there are in all large organisations, but its unfair to generalise based on the minority.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News