Is this Planet Earth ?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Is this Planet Earth ?

• Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is the opening exhibition at the Ty Pawb, White Elephant. We may well ask if this is planet earth when the council propose charging for our well used country parks whilst spending £4.5 million on the Ty Pawb, White Elephant project that will not interest, or be of any benefit, to 95% of Constituents. Meanwhile, if the country Park charging scheme goes ahead, we hear it could affect the ability of over 200 children to enjoy the health benefits of the outdoors and sport. However, there is one possibility, that they will be able to play indoors at Ty Pawb as there will be plenty of empty space there in a couple of months!

On the subject of the country park parking – the meters will be in remote locations and will be regularly vandalised. The income taken from the parks will be lost in the purchase/hire, maintenance and repair of the parking machines.

It is about time we got good professional ‘thinking’ councillors who live in the real world and are not in it just for perceived ego’s and have held some sort of responsible, professional job prior to their election.
    We must stand up for Wrexham and the silent majority….. Boycott TyPawb and vote the councillors out – we would be better off without them.!

jimbow
    Participant

Cllr Hugh Jones says more importantly, the exhibition will be something the whole of Wrexham to celebrate and be proud of as we open Ty Pawb to the world.

I can see the headlines now:- Coaches from USA, Australia, Europe, Africa fight for parking spaces on Wrexham High Street.

Daave63
    Participant

Agreed comrade, but what have the Councillors everdone for us? All arty-farty big noses!

Sheefag
    Participant

Ty Pawb, and also the ongoing plan to pull all the shopping trollies out of the Gwenfro (Once the global price of scrap metal recovers), is just what Wrexham needs to be known once more as, THE VENICE OF THE NORTH.

Nen
    Participant

“Meanwhile, if the country Park charging scheme goes ahead, we hear it could affect the ability of over 200 children to enjoy the health benefits of the outdoors and sport.”

What? It’s £1 a day isn’t it?? If parents are that bothered about their kids playing football then surely that’s not going to put them off. It seems a reasonable fee for parking on private land.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Country Park Charging intention I 100% agree with, it’s a bleeding pound, buy one less sausage roll for the snotty nosed prog in the buggy, Blue bag holders , time for you to cough up too, having a blue badge is not an indication of means, get y good hand in ye pocket.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are right but it is one pound put into a machine at un-light remote locations – what will happen to these machines and how many pounds will it cost for initial installation, upkeep, maintenance, repair and replacement ? This will produce a net annual loss, adding no profit and discouraging park usage. I previously thought Bithell had a modicum of common sense – particularly given his professional history – however I was wrong and the people of Wrexham now have to suffer the consequences.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

The Speaking Truth
    Participant

[quote quote=143075]“Meanwhile, if the country Park charging scheme goes ahead, we hear it could affect the ability of over 200 children to enjoy the health benefits of the outdoors and sport.”

What? It’s £1 a day isn’t it?? If parents are that bothered about their kids playing football then surely that’s not going to put them off. It seems a reasonable fee for parking on private land.[/quote]

Spot on! Tired of seeing people moaning about their kids will no longer able to do football and become lazy because of parking charges. Am I missing something? If you don’t want to pay car park charges WALK to the country park, it may surprise some that you can walk in the rain too after all they play football in it! My view on this is, if we are lucky to have country parks and I’m driving my air polluting car to one then I’d expect to pay to park it.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News

Plans submitted for microbrewery on Wrexham farm

News