Is Rhosddu now a no-go area?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Is Rhosddu now a no-go area?

• Author

harry
    Participant

As mentioned the whole town centre is a no go shite hole. Druggies and piss heads everywhere shouting and intimidating shoppers and workers.

AMA Express
    Participant

The RSPCA can only step-in if they’re informed of a problem and, just lately, they’ve been wasting a large proportion of funds on futile prosecutions of Fox Hunters.

Rex Ham
    Participant

janeywxm, if you are happy to name people on here, have you named the person to the police?

Back to the original post, several years ago, a Grosvenor ward councillor showed me the extent of the problem in the old grave yard in Rhosddu. The councillor didn’t know who they were, so the police didn’t act on the information.

emski
    Participant

The whole town has lost everything that was once good about it. It is so sad to think what was once a good friendly place to live has turned into a place that scares you to leave even your car unattended now!

Council Watcher
    Participant

Cllr Jones and Wilson seem pleased with their nice new signs banning drinking, drugs etc in Rhosddu Park and Cemetery-
    Sorry it is not working- what about the drink related health scare yesterday lunch time that required an ambulance to take someone to hospital.
    Signs are one thing but what about action to enforce when will this happen.. we need more than photo opportunities.

tippy555
    Participant

I used to live around there,it was always a bit like that .. But it has gone really bad a few yrs ago down East Ave my partner and I saw a fella pacing up and down we then saw this ‘ thing’ open his garage got something out of it it was drugs, in front of everyone,my partner said something to him … Couldn’t cared less …and yes they come from Liverpool and other cities as they haven’t the room ..
    Also that poor dog I am a dog walker for a Charity I could ask them what can be done but if the dog is taken from them they may turn violent, ☹☹

wrexview
    Participant

The huge sign does nothing for the area other than to comfirm the problems in the area, does such a large sign rather than a small one have a deterrent effect, I don’t think so. A camera would be a real deterrent,there are plenty of cheap options these days.

Rondetto
    Participant

Some weeks ago they erected a camera which is focused on the playground in Rhosddu. That was where the junkies
    congregated. All that did was move them over the road where they now congregate in the garden of rest.I pass there most days and see them, it seems to be an area well known to dealers.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News