Is our MP showing her true colours?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Is our MP showing her true colours?

• Author

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=179765]What a way for a “ caring “ MP to mark the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz this weekend but by voting to deny current child refugees their fundamental rights that were denied to so many in the last World War , with horrendous consequences.
    I have written to check if she did vote with the Government who seem to have learned no lessons from the past![/quote]

Due to the lack of response by my MP , or her office I checked with “ They work for you”. Was not surprised to see she decided to mark Holocaust by voting to separate vulnerable refugee children from their parents. Not surprised but deeply disappointed, and what happened to the maxim “I will answer all my constituents whether they voted for me or not.”

AMA Express
    Participant

She got voted in. She doesn’t need to take any notice of you now.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=180204]She got voted in. She doesn’t need to take any notice of you now.

Yes she got voted in and as I am a constituent surely she should at least respond when contacted.
    I believe my councillor Andrew Atkinson knows I did not vote for him , and unlikely to do so , but to give him credit when I contacted him last October about an issue he took it up immediately and an officer of the council responded in the hour

[/quote]

Rex Ham
    Participant

Tonight on BBC2 there is a film, “The Windermere children” which tells the story of friendships forged in the days after WW2. Friendships between Jewish children from the death camps were brought to the UK in just the clothes they stood in and the local children of the Lake District where they began a new life. These children were looked after by local families, many of whom had nothing themselves. They were made safe and given a future. Just the same as in our own area, refugees from Poland were settled in safety. They were not regarded as a burden on our schools and health services, they were regarded as innocents in need.
    I would suggest it is this legacy that makes our country great not jingoistic nationalism and hand wringing about the cost of refugees or even claims that we bombed who and what. It is also in stark contrast to the legislation just passed by our government which will not allow child refugees in, and, for which I for one will never forgive the MP who currently stands in the Wrexham constituency. Given this current legislation those Jewish children and some of the Polish refugees would not have been allowed safety in our country.

wrexview
    Participant

Has our new MP made her maiden speech yet? Notice several new MP’s used today’s debate on homelessness as a good platform to make their maiden speeches and highlighted issues in their constituencies.

Llayby lilly
    Participant

[quote quote=180400]Has our new MP made her maiden speech yet? Notice several new MP’s used today’s debate on homelessness as a good platform to make their maiden speeches and highlighted issues in their constituencies.[/quote]

Not sure if or not she has made her speech or not, but I did see her the other day giving that two-faced slime ball the Shadow Sec Sate for health Jonathan Ashworth a right ear bashing as she exposed the dreadful state of the Welsh NHS under Labour, she explicitly described how Betsi was failing the people of Wales and all under 20+ years of Welsh Labour mis-management. In all his years as Wrexham’s MP I never once heard Lazy Lucas say anything as powerful in the House of Commons….! More power to you Sarah, keep fighting for the good people of Wrexham.

Lilly

MargaretA
    Participant

[quote quote=180412]

Has our new MP made her maiden speech yet? Notice several new MP’s used today’s debate on homelessness as a good platform to make their maiden speeches and highlighted issues in their constituencies.

Not sure if or not she has made her speech or not, but I did see her the other day giving that two-faced slime ball the Shadow Sec Sate for health Jonathan Ashworth a right ear bashing as she exposed the dreadful state of the Welsh NHS under Labour, she explicitly described how Betsi was failing the people of Wales and all under 20+ years of Welsh Labour mis-management. In all his years as Wrexham’s MP I never once heard Lazy Lucas say anything as powerful in the House of Commons….! More power to you Sarah, keep fighting for the good people of Wrexham.

Lilly[/quote]
    Standing up and shouting the odds are one thing, having the power or authority to change or improve the situation is another. It’s far too early to decide if she is fit for the job.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote quote=180412]

Lilly[/quote]Snotty little snob who looks down on most people in Wrexham, karma comes to us all and it will come in bucket loads to this “lady”

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News