International Women's Day

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum International Women's Day

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

I think people should be able to put their own views up without being called P***** or the like.

bubble
    Participant

MP1953, on the face of it, I agree with you. However, this is a discussion forum. People disagree. WreX-iT started this thread by posting deliberately provocative opinions that, like it or not, are akin to those held by misogynists, the KKK and others. He volunteered these views, I then volunteered mine, he then called me a prick. He couldn’t even see the irony in this post of his: “Do they have groups for pricks who live in a vacuum and lambast people who happen to have an opinion that differs from their own?”.

He went on to allege that I’m “pant wetting”, “not allowed” to read a newspaper and that I’m the “sort of prick” who gets upset about Amber Rudd’s use of the term “coloured”. In fact, according to WreX-iT, I’m the one with the small mind and it’s the fault of people like me that the country is in such a state. You shared that post and made a comment about spelling.

He posted provocative views, I responded in kind and then he got all bent out of shape. I recall him doing the same with someone on his Brexit street party thread when they said Brexit would never happen (even though he’d already suggested as much himself). If WreX-iT can’t cope with people disagreeing with him, then perhaps a discussion forum is not the place for him; he might be better suited to an echo chamber.

I don’t see you concerned when people deliberately insult me – or others like me (i.e. those who don’t share your opinions). I even had a thread made about me – I just checked and you commented on it – but the fact I was singled out in that way didn’t seem to bother you at all. So perhaps you’ll understand why I find your claim [that you think people should be able to state their views without being called a prick or the like] somewhat disingenuous. I’m inclined to think that the reason it bothers you now is because the opinions I mocked are ones you possibly happen to agree with. Or because WreX-iT tried to insinuate that “people like [me]” are why the UK voted for Brexit.

It seems to me that WreX-iT is someone who needs his Brexit buddies to validate his views and help fight his corner against someone so heinous he likens her to Mary Poppins. I don’t need anyone else to agree with me or fight my corner and I’m not going to be intimidated into silence or off this forum by his angry ranting when I touch a nerve. As far as I’m concerned he came across as a bitter little man put out because there was an international day for someone other than him. If he wants a straight white male day then why not set one up himself? Why is it someone else’s responsibility to do that? And how does he get from that to calling me pant wetting and blaming people like me for the state of the country? Poor WreX-iT, it must be terrible for him living in a world that’s everyone else’s fault.

I’m sorry if this is not the conciliatory tone you were hoping for, MP1953, but I’m not a fan of double standards or of massaging the egos of sensitive souls like WreX-iT.

WreX-iT
    Participant

Sorry bubble but your last post put me to sleep.
    You keyboard warrior types really are the reason this country is in such a mess. You spend so much time worrying about what others think and how bad people may get into your bubble that you lose all credibility.

Look forward to International Bubble day where nobody is allowed an option unless it agrees with Queen Bubble Almighty ruler of the Bubbleverse.

Let’s have a toast to straight white men while we respect every other creed colour and race as well as aliens and monsters and animals.

Hail to bubble, god(s) bless bubble and long may bubble continue to post here from his dome.

I bow down to you and have forsaken all thoughts of my own. You are incredible I/ we love you and I feel bad to have said anything that offended you.

Please be the god(s)father/ mother of my children on their renaming days. From that day they will be known as bubble, bubble and bubble. I shall bring them up in the teachings of bubble almighty and pray to god(s) that they grow up to be all-knowing like the great bubble.

Bless you bubble I wish you well on this very sacred day.

WreX-iT
    Participant

I love you bubble you are not a prick you just have an odd slant on the real world.

I shall continue to tolerate you because I love and respect all of god(s) children.

I will pray for you at chapel tonight even if you may not agree in my choice of Gods. I know I will find out if my religion was the right one on judgement day and I pray that you are not the real god because then I am screwed.

God speed you son/ daughter x

Matt
    Participant

This is keyboard warrior central – calling someone out as one on here is like going to an AA meeting & slagging someone off for going for a few drinks.

All I can say is Happy Kettle, Pot, Black Day.

Regards – The Cauldron.

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=165039]This is keyboard warrior central – calling someone out as one on here is like going to an AA meeting & slagging someone off for going for a few drinks.

All I can say is Happy Kettle, Pot, Black Day.

Regards – The Cauldron.[/quote]

Are Councillors keyboard warriors if they use iPads? Are they touch screen warriors?

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=165071]
    Are Councillors keyboard warriors if they use iPads? Are they touch screen warriors?[/quote]

I like it!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Removing fly-tipping cost Wrexham Council £21,500 last year

News

Voter registration for May’s Police and Crime Commissioner elections closes today

News

Have your say on Wrexham Council’s online services!

News

Youngsters create new garden for Wrexham’s Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service

News

McElhenney And Reynolds Will Continue Wrexham Progress

News

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News