Installing traffic lights on the bridge by the new premier inn??!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Installing traffic lights on the bridge by the new premier inn??!

• Author

zinger
    Participant

Or the person who forgot to draw Grove Road onto the plans for the Rhosddu Road roundabout. I have never seen a cyclist yet coming onto Dean Road from the Rhosnesni Road.

Chris
    Participant

It winds me up that they cant come up with a solution to Rhosddu Bridge. Traffic lights are supposedly to expensive yet they install them on roundabouts. The solutions are there but they dont want to implement them. They could make the road narrower and give priority to traffic coming from town. Again they have used this soloution all over Wrexham.

Again why was no one sacked over the Cefyn Road fiasco, how much has that cost us.

Rondetto
    Participant

I agree Chris, lights seem to be the answer. Even if they were on a 30 second wait, I don’t think it would lead to tailbacks at all. One thing is for sure, they have to do something before there is a fatal accident there.

gogledd
    Participant

Slightly off topic’ but there does seem to be a couple of posters having a pop at cyclists. I am a road user and drive a car and a motorcycle but more often cycle, and I am a cycling instructor working mainly in primary schools.

Zinger: the Highway code does apply to cyclists and there is a specific section on cycling. I teach my pupils to obey the rules of the road and cycle in a safe manner but I also expect other road users to treat cyclists with respect and allow time and space for them.
    Cycle paths: some are well designed and some are put in position just to earn revenue and the ability to say we have put cycle paths in. Cyclists are not obliged to use them; very often I chose not to because it is safer to take up a better road position. A pavement is NOT a cycle path unless it is marked for dual use.

Regarding the traffic lights at the Premier Inn; I assume also that they are for use only when traffic is trying to turn out of the Premier in junction. I would have thought the entrance would be barrier controlled to prevent non-hotel users from parking. I am hoping that the temporary lights are removed for the World Cup game on Sunday!

zinger
    Participant

I have no problem with cyclists when they stick to the highway code but those who ride their bikes in the dark with no lights or light clothing, those who ride on the pavement, those who who cross traffic lights on red, those who don’t bother indicating or positioning themselves when turning right, those who ride in pairs making it difficult to pass when a little bit of courtesy wouldn’t come amiss. They are all out there amongst the good cyclists of whom there are very many. Some just don’t seem to realise how vulnerable they are. When did you last hear of a cyclist being stopped for dangerous riding?

gogledd
    Participant

@zinger 10075 wrote:

I have no problem with cyclists when they stick to the highway code but those who ride their bikes in the dark with no lights or light clothing, those who ride on the pavement, those who who cross traffic lights on red, those who don’t bother indicating or positioning themselves when turning right, those who ride in pairs making it difficult to pass when a little bit of courtesy wouldn’t come amiss. They are all out there amongst the good cyclists of whom there are very many. Some just don’t seem to realise how vulnerable they are. When did you last hear of a cyclist being stopped for dangerous riding?

So, why did you say that the Highway cod doesn’t apply to cyclists when you have clearly identified it does?

I agree that cyclist should not ride at night without lights etc. My job is instructing young cyclist and hopefully they will remain responsible road users.

I also have no problem with vehicle drivers who adhere to the highway code and don’t drive too close to cyclists, overtake cyclist when there obviously isn’t enough room, pull out on cyclist when they are turning right, cut cyclists up when turning left. Some vehicle drivers don’t seem to realise how vulnerable cyclists are and the damage a large lump of metal can do to flesh and blood. A little patience and courtesy by ALL road users would go a long way.

Rondetto
    Participant

The tailbacks on Mold road were horrific today. It would have been much better if they’d done this work over night or on Sunday when there was no school or business traffic around.

zinger
    Participant

Gogledd, you didn’t mention my last question. Motorists who pay tax & insurance AND obey the law still end up paying if, God forbid, there is a collision.

gogledd
    Participant

@zinger 10185 wrote:

Gogledd, you didn’t mention my last question. Motorists who pay tax & insurance AND obey the law still end up paying if, God forbid, there is a collision.

Firstly let me point out I pay Vehicle Emissions Duty (not road tax which ended in the 1930s) on 2 vehicles already – I can only use one at a time and when I use my bicycle I am using neither. Secondly VED is based on emmissions – and when I am cycling, provided I haven’t had baked beads I do not make any emissions – so would incur no VED anyway.
    Thirdly, insurance – again I pay motor insurance on 2 vehicles; I am also a member of the Cyclists Touring Club which includes 3rd Party Insurance.

If a motorist is involved in a collision with a cyclist the likelihood is that the cyclist will come of worse. I believe the Highway code stated you should drive in a manner to avoid a collision and if you do haw can you be at fault?

As I said previously a bit of courtesy and patience goes a long way.

johnhoppy
    Participant

“As I said previously a bit of courtesy and patience goes a long way”

Today driving along Grosvenor Road I took considerable time and care to overtake a cyclist (i.e. giving him room to fall off in that event) only to be held to in traffic a little further along. The cyclist overtakes me on the outside inbetween moving cars and I have eventually to repeat the process over again. A few cyclists are only interested in their own progress on the road to the detriment and lack of courtesy to other road users. They put themselves in peril and the last thought in their mind is that they might have to give way to other road users.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News