Infection Control in the Maelor Hospital

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Infection Control in the Maelor Hospital

• Author

JaneJ
    Participant

I think there are Covid issues as some people who are unable to have a visitor in the ward may be arranging to see people outside of the hospital therefore in contact with people who have not been tested and risk of transmission.

wxmbda
    Participant

Jane you have not read my first post properly my second one states that others were going on about smoking etc rather than infection control yes I totally agree with you about the meeting people outside that’s total fact

JaneJ
    Participant

Yet again on TV today with a broadcast from outside the Maelor you could see patients in pyjamas and dressing gowns in the background coming our for a smoke, chatting and been given carrier bags. This is a nonsense that so much outside contact is taking place with risk of Covid spread- come on NHS get your act together to protect everyone. Visitors are banned from visiting – why not ban them from going onto hospital property to protect everyone.

TimRegency
    Participant

Outpatient appointments are still running, Jane, so I guess that would be difficult to police. The NHS shouldn’t have to baby sit irresponsible people.

wrexview
    Participant

Matt
    Participant

You have to wonder why anecdotal evidence gathered much earlier in the year by a member of the opposition in Wales is carrying such weight in terms of a story in the Daily Post’s eyes. Oh yes, it’s a tabloid.

If there was such an outrage about an incident happening in July, why has it only just come to light now?

I’ve been critical of the health board before but the Maelor are doing everything they can to keep Covid infections under control. There must surely be some kind of protocol against moving patients spontaneously off wards where other patients have contracted Covid.

Surely like with test and trace they’d need to be tested negative to make sure they weren’t also carrying symptoms? As they’d be classed as having come into contact. Also, it’s not like they have special individual isolation bedrooms for every single patient in these cases.

Disgusted Tory voter was outraged when he discovered there were in fact other sick people on the ward where his dearly beloved was treated for being ill and decided to bang his fists on the table and write to his local MP.

AMA Express
    Participant

[i]You have to wonder why anecdotal evidence gathered much earlier in the year by a member of the opposition in Wales is carrying such weight in terms of a story in the Daily Post’s eyes. Oh yes, it’s a tabloid.[/i]

Apart from The Telegraph, how many newspapers are still printed in broadsheet format ?

Matt
    Participant

I am of course referencing to the style of tabloid journalism and not the format in which it is printed – I mean come on, the majority of news is online now, if we are splitting hairs.

wrexview
    Participant

We now have four wards closed in the Maelor , presumably because of the number of staff either with covid or isolating. This also puts extra pressure on bed management, with the need for social distancing between beds and less total beds available. Has BCHB no way of staffing any of these wards?

wrexview
    Participant

Today’s update from the Maelor Hospital fails to say whether all or some of the closed wards have been re opened. They also fail to comment on the staffing situation. Why do managers avoid giving succinct answers to simple questions? Be open with the public, we are all in this pandemic together and need to work together to get through it, hiding the truth serves no one.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News