Infection Control in the Maelor Hospital

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Infection Control in the Maelor Hospital

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

It would be so much better if it was a straight write off of all debt. There would be a real fresh start and everyone could look forward with some positivity. This way debt is still hanging around for next three years and as we all know anything can happen in that time !

JaneJ
    Participant

For BCU to get the write off they still need to find £40m worth of cuts year on year- surely this is a total impossibility under normal circumstances never mind Covid pressures.

wrexview
    Participant

Are they being set up to fail? That is not acceptable !

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Just as an aside, as a member of Theatre Staff at Wrexham Maelor Hospital I must add that myself and ALL of my colleagues are utterly perplexed that despite having a colleague die of Covid(RIP Andy) and several colleagues catching it during the interim period, absolutely NONE of us have been tested routinely, nor does it look as if we will be any time soon, despite assurance to the contrary from the Welsh Assembly?
    Utterly disgraceful, questions NEED to be asked and duly answered post-haste.

Matt
    Participant

Chill, this is an extremely high level of concern as it goes without saying that front line staff at the Maelor should definitely be top priority for testing for the safety and welfare of themselves, their families and their patients.

I wonder if this issue was discussed last week when our MS spoke to Mark Drakeford in Wrexham about the Maelor?

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Thank you for the reply.
    As I’m not on Twitter, maybe someone might take upon themselves to ask said MS, myself and my colleagues would be most interested as to what was actually discussed?

wrexview
    Participant

Very worrying for everyone. Staff must be tested routinely ,without stringent testing we could easily have another outbreak of hospital acquired covid 19 in the Maelor Hospital. Patients need reassurance that the staff treating them are covid free and Staff also need the same reassurance that their colleagues are covid free. Sarah Atherton, Lesley Griffiths and Gill Harris need to meet together and sort this debacle out, peoples lives are more important than party politics!

TimRegency
    Participant

That’s shocking. I’ve replied to the tweet Matt posted to ask about this, but I don’t usually get a reply from politicians on twitter.

wrexview
    Participant

Today we are told only 20% of the 2500 staff at the Maelor Hospital have been tested for covid19 . When there was a similar outbreak in a food processing factory , Rowan Foods all 1500 staff were tested, why the is it deemed acceptable to test only 20% of the staff following a hospital transmitted out break of covid 19 in our local hospital rather than 100% ? The public find this totally unacceptable and wonder if it is a clinical decision or a financial one ?

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Some 9 days after my initial post on this thread I am STILL yet to be tested, as are any of my colleagues.
    Ironically, the only time some have is when they are deployed to work in the Theatre at the Spire Hospital, that have been utilised for NHS work during the pandemic.
    One rumour in work is that they won’t test us en masse because they’re fearful that they may have to close the whole Theatre Unit.
    Just a theory, but one I’d hazard a guess is not a million miles away from the truth……

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News