Illegal Workers Caught On Wrexham Car Washes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Illegal Workers Caught On Wrexham Car Washes

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

I have a problem with some of your posts Metalhead in so much as you state your opinion in a stentorian manner but are unwilling to accept that some contributors have the ability to think laterally and express their opinions in a reasonable manner.

I applaud those that can think around a subject and draw relevant analogies to the topic under debate.
    As far as the thread is concerned, whilst not condoning illegal immigration, I do believe that the Border and Immigration Service have lot more to answer for than one or two illegals that have been cherry picked and sensationalised to try and get across the message “look what a good job we are doing!”
    If they were effective in their duties, perhaps there wouldn’t be a backlog of applications for legal entry into the Country, that ostensibly will take 37 years to clear.

Do you blame people for trying to circumvent a totally inefficient bureaucracy?
    You state that the ‘crime’ is of the same magnitude as drug dealing, drunk driving etc and that we should not turn a blind eye to it. Is it not the case that crimes are graded according to their severity by the laws of the land and do not the Police ignore certain crimes because of the cost effectiveness of investigating?
    It would be advisable for you to stop denigrating posts that differ from your point of view and accept that you are not the fount of all knowledge and other people have equally valuable opinions to contribute too.

Metalhead
    Participant

@BenjaminM 10676 wrote:

I have a problem with some of your posts Metalhead in so much as you state your opinion in a stentorian manner but are unwilling to accept that some contributors have the ability to think laterally and express their opinions in a reasonable manner.

I applaud those that can think around a subject and draw relevant analogies to the topic under debate.
    As far as the thread is concerned, whilst not condoning illegal immigration, I do believe that the Border and Immigration Service have lot more to answer for than one or two illegals that have been cherry picked and sensationalised to try and get across the message “look what a good job we are doing!”
    If they were effective in their duties, perhaps there wouldn’t be a backlog of applications for legal entry into the Country, that ostensibly will take 37 years to clear.

Do you blame people for trying to circumvent a totally inefficient bureaucracy?
    You state that the ‘crime’ is of the same magnitude as drug dealing, drunk driving etc and that we should not turn a blind eye to it. Is it not the case that crimes are graded according to their severity by the laws of the land and do not the Police ignore certain crimes because of the cost effectiveness of investigating?
    It would be advisable for you to stop denigrating posts that differ from your point of view and accept that you are not the fount of all knowledge and other people have equally valuable opinions to contribute too.

Hi Benjamin, I’m sorry and actually a little disappointed to read that you seem to have ‘a problem’ with some of my posts. For clarification I believe I actually stated something like ‘you may as well say as this crime is not perceived to be as bad as’ when drawing my equally as irrelevant drug dealer and drink driving comparisons. I certainly don’t consider myself ‘the fount of all knowledge’ and I’m genuinely surprised that you seem to have jumped to that conclusion. I was under the impression that this forum is for ‘Discussion of things in and around Wrexham’, did any of this Barclay’s fraud happen here? I would personally consider the inferences made of racism and bigotry to be the only unnacceptable posts in this thread but for those who may consider otherwise and feel I may have overstepped the mark in some way I apologise.

SELWYN1952
    Participant

I have had my car washed by the workers in Sainsburys car park for several years now and I can categorically state that the ones I have spoken to are legally here to work. They (at least 90%) are Bulgarian, from the Roma community and are mostly from the Cities of Varna and Sofia. And as Bulgarian nationals, and Bulgaria being part of the EU, they have the right to work here so are not illegals. Now that some of you people have been made aware that they are Roma, no doubt there will be further ignorant posts against gypsies

Matt
    Participant

Take that people talking from 5 years ago!

moggsie
    Participant

Selwyn,

I hate to bring this up, and you may by chance be correct, but are you competent & trained in checking their credentials ?

As you, I very much dislike some of the narrow-minded attitudes to immigrants. They are trying to make a way in life as we all are.

But there is always the possibility of being hood-winked isn’t there ?

As for the knock-the-immigrant-brigade, you should look to our political masters if you want to apportion blame for the mess we’re in.

Liz Jackson
    Participant

There are often reports about the workers in car washes and farm labour around the country who are controlled by Gangmasters and paid a pittance in exchange for a roof over their head – often in shared rooms with large numbers in a house. The lifestyle of some of the car washers is very hard trying to earn money to send back home to their families.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News