Illegal Workers Caught On Wrexham Car Washes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Illegal Workers Caught On Wrexham Car Washes

• Author

Metalhead
    Participant

@Whitevanman 10607 wrote:

Yeah precisely the leader report not the metalhead report! At the end of the day it’s been found and dealt with now maybe something should be done About other illegal workers

I never claimed it was my report, I posted that link way back when I was asked for proof of this event. I honestly have no idea what on earth you are babbling on about?:confused:

Night.

Iceman
    Participant

@Metalhead 10594 wrote:

While I see where you guys are coming from I’m still failing to see what resemblance it has on these reported events? It’s a bit like saying we should turn a blind eye to certain crimes because they are not perceived to be as bad as others. Do immigration hand out such hefty fines for no reason then? or do some of you think this punishment doesn’t really fit the crime?

I guess people are saying that illegal activity cannot be ignored, but at least they provide a service. If they can do it, why can’t the scroungers, spongers and layabouts in this town?

Metalhead
    Participant

@Iceman 10644 wrote:

I guess people are saying that illegal activity cannot be ignored, but at least they provide a service. If they can do it, why can’t the scroungers, spongers and layabouts in this town?

Are they Iceman? I seem to recall one contributor stating that we should ”give them a break”, sounds a little bit like ignoring it to me. As for the other people you mentioned I suppose there are a few things they could be made to do, gardening maintenance, street sweeping etc. Still failing to see that this continued comparison has anything whatsoever to do with this factual events this thread was based on?

One of the Home Office enforcement officers present at these arrests stated:

‘The message to employers in Wales who choose to use illegal labour is clear. We will catch you and you will face a heavy penalty.

‘Illegal working has a negative impact on communities. It defrauds the taxpayer, undercuts honest employers and cheats legitimate job seekers out of employment opportunities.

‘I would urge members of the public with information about suspected immigration abuse to get in touch.’

Here is the report (which for clarification I am not claiming to have written!) that this quote was taken from before I am asked to produce proof it:

UK Border Agency | North Wales businesses facing fines for illegal workers

The thing is you simply cannot employ anyone illegally without being aware of it. HMRC fairly recently introduced the FPS system where any payments have to be reported to them in real time (once a week). If an an employee gave false details such as bogus NI no. etc. they would be spotted instantly. If not then the employers must have been totally aware that they were circumventing the system. I work hard and pay my taxes, I honestly don’t see why I should feel compelled to give anyone ”a break” who does not.

Had Wrexham.com of ran this story (this thread has 1600+ current views and 30 odd current responses so it would seem to suggest it’s of interest to some) then this thread would never have been posted at all. Rob confirmed in an earlier response he was aware of these events but for some reason didn’t choose to run the story. What this thread has highlighted is why this place is so lurkertastic, who wants insinuation of being a bigot or a racist? Not sure that I’m going to bother again TBH.

Tesco’s & Sainsbury’s in Wrexham may well have been totally unaware that they were allowing these kind of operators to trade on their car parks but now they do know and surely should do something about it?

MP1953
    Participant

@lazyjack 10592 wrote:

Most people probably think that benefit scroungers are more of a drain on our society than people doing some work which is not correctly declared.

Whether that’s correct or not I’m not really sure myself but it’s certainly easier to feel sorry for someone grafting away for 10 hours cleaning cars than people who sit on their ar$es doing jack sh1t.

Well said :):)

MP1953
    Participant

Of course compared to what the bankers have fiddled and got away with and still are, a few pounds made from washing cars doesn’t even register on a scale, have just watched the panorama programme about Barclays from last month which triggered this response :o. I wonder if there is a phone line to shop them :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Metalhead
    Participant

@MP1953 10657 wrote:

Of course compared to what the bankers have fiddled and got away with and still are, a few pounds made from washing cars doesn’t even register on a scale, have just watched the panorama programme about Barclays from last month which triggered this response :o. I wonder if there is a phone line to shop them :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This post would appear to be drawing yet another utterly irrelevant comparison. May as well say as this crime is not perceived to be as bad as drug dealing, drink driving, etc. lets all turn a blind eye to it.

Iceman
    Participant

@Metalhead 10658 wrote:

This post would appear to be drawing yet another utterly irrelevant comparison. May as well say as this crime is not perceived to be as bad as drug dealing, drink driving, etc. lets all turn a blind eye to it.

I am not saying turn a blind eye, but it is definately not as bad as drug dealing or drink driving, both of which involve extremely selfish people who kill people.

Iceman
    Participant

@Metalhead 10648 wrote:

Are they Iceman? I seem to recall one contributor stating that we should ”give them a break”, sounds a little bit like ignoring it to me. As for the other people you mentioned I suppose there are a few things they could be made to do, gardening maintenance, street sweeping etc. Still failing to see that this continued comparison has anything whatsoever to do with this factual events this thread

Because it is a discussion and one thing leads to another? Because it is a logical step? Because people are fed up of working hard and people sponging off them like leaches with no shame whatsoever? For the record, i agree that illegal workers should be stopped. I also think that anybody with lazyitis should not get free money.

johnhoppy
    Participant

Illegal workers should not be tolerated. Wrexham already has a large population of immigrants, mostly from Eastern Europe. Those I have worked with I have got on with very well, but there is one fact which is indisputable, and that is that they have held down the wages of local people. From the time they started to arrive here in numbers I and my fellow employees did not receive a pay rise for five years, simply because our employer could get away with doing so as Eastern Europeans thought our wages were great (Not a lot above the minimum wage).

Illegal immigration and working without a permit will only make this situation much worse and should be stamped upon.

MP1953
    Participant

@Iceman 10662 wrote:

@Metalhead 10648 wrote:

Are they Iceman? I seem to recall one contributor stating that we should ”give them a break”, sounds a little bit like ignoring it to me. As for the other people you mentioned I suppose there are a few things they could be made to do, gardening maintenance, street sweeping etc. Still failing to see that this continued comparison has anything whatsoever to do with this factual events this thread

Because it is a discussion and one thing leads to another? Because it is a logical step? Because people are fed up of working hard and people sponging off them like leaches with no shame whatsoever? For the record, i agree that illegal workers should be stopped. I also think that anybody with lazyitis should not get free money.

Correct // and add to that list top end bankers who are cheating the system on a slightly larger scale than illegal car washers, and make no mistake what they were doing was illegal, but know one is doing a thing about it.. perhaps metalhead would like to shop them?? I would put a link on but can’t find it ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News