Illegal Workers Caught On Wrexham Car Washes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Illegal Workers Caught On Wrexham Car Washes

• Author

Metalhead
    Participant

@Borrasblogger 10589 wrote:

At the end of the day they are just people trying to eek out a living the best way they can. They get exploited but dont blame them. They are trying to do everything they can for their families. Most people say they do a very good job. Would any of our benefit scroungers spend 12 hours a day standing in the cold and rain doing this? No. Give them a break. Its the bosses that need sorting out.

The bosses are getting sorted out, they are now facing up to £30,000 worth of fines between them. Perhaps the question should be should large national retailers be allowing outfits who have been caught operating in this way to continue trading from their car parks? Illegal employment is illegal employment, same goes for cash in hand labouring etc. It’s not fair on those who have to operate above board and do pay their taxes. Really don’t see why it should be classed as acceptable.

Also I’m still failing to see what this has to do with benefit scroungers? Perhaps someone would care to enlighten me?

lazyjack
    Participant

@Metalhead 10591 wrote:

Also I’m still failing to see what this has to do with benefit scroungers? Perhaps someone would care to enlighten me?

Most people probably think that benefit scroungers are more of a drain on our society than people doing some work which is not correctly declared.

Whether that’s correct or not I’m not really sure myself but it’s certainly easier to feel sorry for someone grafting away for 10 hours cleaning cars than people who sit on their ar$es doing jack sh1t.

Iceman
    Participant

I think they do a good job at cleaning cars, but any illegal stayers, or tax dodgers should be weeded out. No problem with them asking as they just leave you alone if you say no.
    The car wash operation does show what people can do to earn money and the scroungers and benefit cheats should take a leaf out of their book.

Metalhead
    Participant

While I see where you guys are coming from I’m still failing to see what resemblance it has on these reported events? It’s a bit like saying we should turn a blind eye to certain crimes because they are not perceived to be as bad as others. Do immigration hand out such hefty fines for no reason then? or do some of you think this punishment doesn’t really fit the crime?

lazyjack
    Participant

@Metalhead 10594 wrote:

While I see where you guys are coming from I’m still failing to see what resemblance it has on these reported events? It’s a bit like saying we should turn a blind eye to certain crimes because they are not perceived to be as bad as others. Do immigration hand out such hefty fines for no reason then? or do some of you think this punishment doesn’t really fit the crime?

I certainly don’t condone illegal immigration, it’s a massive problem in this country. In fact what amazes me is how many countries these people travel through to get here. That says quite a lot to me.

Now, do you really believe they will get fined the reported £10k per worker ? I don’t, and that’s the problem, we are far too soft.

Whitevanman
    Participant

The thing that has pi$$ed me off is the fact that these people are at least working and are getting all this for doing it, maybe a page should be set up naming and shaming cash in hand workers who are claiming benefits, at the end of the day it’s exactly the same, no-one going to do that now are they?

Metalhead
    Participant

@Whitevanman 10597 wrote:

The thing that has pi$$ed me off is the fact that these people are at least working and are getting all this for doing it, maybe a page should be set up naming and shaming cash in hand workers who are claiming benefits, at the end of the day it’s exactly the same, no-one going to do that now are they?

If there is a current story about benefit cheats who have been caught working cash in hand in Wrexham then please post a separate thread to inform us of this event. I would agree about this offence being equally as unacceptable, however as things stand I’m still failing to see how this recurring comparison has anything whatsoever to do with the events this post is based on. As for the ”naming and shaming” of any such offenders on a public forum, this is unnecessary this can be reported anonymously to the relevant authority:

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Whitevanman
    Participant

If that is unacceptable then why are people naming these car washes, why give the whole company a bad name because of a handful of people have done wrong? Why bring up a 3page thread on this when I’m not being funny but illegal work is illegal work British or not!! THAT is the comparison!!

Metalhead
    Participant

People are naming these car washes because that is what the report was about and they were the ones caught employing these people. Here is the link again, all the relevant facts are in that:

The Leader – News from Wrexham & Flintshire – Illegal workers found at businesses in Wrexham and Holywell

Whitevanman
    Participant

Yeah precisely the leader report not the metalhead report! At the end of the day it’s been found and dealt with now maybe something should be done About other illegal workers

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News