Illegal Workers Caught On Wrexham Car Washes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Illegal Workers Caught On Wrexham Car Washes

• Author

Metalhead
    Participant

Apparently a Kosovan guy was caught working on the site at Tesco’s car park this week & 2 Iranians on the one at Sainsbury’s. My wife actually stopped shopping at Sainsbury’s a while ago as she doesn’t like the way these workers constantly approach you, she finds it quite intimidating.

Rondetto
    Participant

I had my car washed Sainsbury’s a few weeks ago and I’ve never seen anyone so filthy. Unwashed, unshaved, they looked like tramps.It doesn’t come as a surprise that some of them are illegals.

beedar
    Participant

Let’s be perfectly honest here, is anyone really surprised ?

Metalhead
    Participant

@Rondetto 10553 wrote:

I had my car washed Sainsbury’s a few weeks ago and I’ve never seen anyone so filthy. Unwashed, unshaved, they looked like tramps.It doesn’t come as a surprise that some of them are illegals.

From your description they don’t really sound like people I would want to trust my car with, why did you decide to use one Rondetto? Also I have noticed this crew at Sainsbury’s washing very dirty vehicles using what looked like little more than a cupful of water, not sure how that’s supposed to work?

I wonder how many of these workers are illegally in this country, presume these raids would have only caught anyone on duty at that time?

Rondetto
    Participant

The guy who approached me must have been the boss, seemed ok but then he called one of the others over to wash my car. You are right though, I wouldn’t leave my car with them again.

dewi73
    Participant

@Rondetto 10553 wrote:

I’m not surprised they look as they do if they’re outside washing cars all day.
    I’ve had my car washed by them and they do a good job.
    Maybe we can get the long term unemployed and benefit scroungers to take their place.

feedshallow
    Participant

@dewi73 10559 wrote:

Maybe we can get the long term unemployed and benefit scroungers to take their place.

Sensible reply to the usual bigotry.

Metalhead
    Participant

@feedshallow 10562 wrote:

Sensible reply to the usual bigotry.

These workers seem to approach most people who enter the Sainsbury’s car park and some people really don’t care for this. As I mentioned earlier my wife no longer shops there because of this. It’s like when you have people on the street trying to drag you into bars, clubs, restaurants etc. I personally don’t like it, more often than not they actually put me off going into somewhere that I might otherwise have done. This has nothing whatsoever to do with bigotry, some people do not care for this practice and find it intimidating, simple as that.

As for the employing of ILLEGAL immigrants for a business which could take trade away from legitimately run competition and take jobs that could have been done by UK citizens who pay their taxes, NI etc, this is not OK. These outfits who have been caught employing them will apparently now be liable for fines of up to £10,000 per worker.

MP1953
    Participant

@dewi73 10559 wrote:

Yes I agree, I can’t speak for the Sainsbury’s outfit but I wouldn’t have them do my car for the simple reason of the one bucket scenario nothing to do with what they look like.

But I have had mine done at tescos and they do an excellent job.
    Of course I know they are breaking the law, but at least they are working here and as you say I would think there are plenty in Wrexham who are just waiting to take their places not .. :eek:

feedshallow
    Participant

@Metalhead 10551 wrote:

Apparently a Kosovan guy was caught working on the site at Tesco’s car park this week & 2 Iranians on the one at Sainsbury’s. My wife actually stopped shopping at Sainsbury’s a while ago as she doesn’t like the way these workers constantly approach you, she finds it quite intimidating.

A polite ‘no thank you’ normally does the trick. But as a matter of interest where is the report you quote re Kosovans and Iranians being ‘caught working?
    If you could quote your sources I would be interested in reading the report. Are they,in fact, ‘illegal workers as your thread title suggest?
    To start your post with the word ‘apparently’ suggests hard evidence was lacking and your source was ‘a bloke in the pub’.
    Please prove me wrong.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News