Ian Lucas: A true English ‘Wrexhamite’!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ian Lucas: A true English ‘Wrexhamite’!

• Author

Rex_Ham
    Participant

Fair play to Mr Lucas; I’ve met/spoken to him a few times, and yes, I know he’s a politician looking for the usual votes etc etc…but he REALLY does stand up for the town!

I regularly see him at The Racecourse supporting WFC (often by himself) – how many ‘proper’ Wrexham residents do that nowadays…(again, almost understandably, tbf…) :o

Also, he’s always banging the drum for the town whenever we do well [eg. Moneypenny etc…]

Fair do’s….I reckon he’s a good ‘un myself!!

wxmlad
    Participant

He was not so keen supporting the new jobs at the prison development though!

grandad
    Participant

Perhaps you could make a list of what he has done for the town.
    I don’t think it will take long and so I expect a reply in the next 30
    seconds.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

Failed to support the Royal Welch Fusiliers during their attempt to prevent a merger in 2006. A fully recruited battalion, but he chose the party line. Labour was in power….very easy to be controversial and outspoken when your not holding the reins.

Mrs Crewe
    Participant

Campaigned against the prison, I suppose he does not want prosperity and jobs for Wrexham?

Didn’t notice wxmlad had already rightly pointed this out, still rates being said twice!

dale
    Participant

I wouldn’t class “going to the footy” and getting your face in the paper when something half decent happens in your town as making a good mp.

Katia
    Participant

Whatever one’s position regarding the Welsh Assembly Government dismantling local council democracy to fund more AMs and enjoy an above inflation payrise – the irony of Mr Lucas front page of Wrexham Leader, his concern about Wrexham Magistrates Court moving is in contrast to his lack of obvious worry about Wrexham councillors plight.

Ian Lucas Twitter
    ” The Court Clerk allocated to speak to me about Wrexham Magistrates was based in Llanelli. The Minister says it didn’t matter. Local justice? “

Is it not the case that Ian Lucas (and Lesley Griffiths) are supportive of Leighton Andrews mission ?
    Local Council democratic representation ? {shrug}

That said, apart from being quite faint about being against fracking in deeds if not words, I think Mr Lucas does good work about the town and isn’t the worst by a long way. He is a shoe in for May anyway so what does it matter what anybody thinks ?
    Unless the Wrexham UKIP candidate wakes up and gives him a run for his money !

Peterthewatcher
    Participant

I don’t think any sitting politician can assume they have safe seats — if there are more smaller parties and Independents that stand this time plus UKIP the votes will be spread over a broader range so safe majorities are likely to be shrunk very considerably.

Metalhead
    Participant

Yep, haven’t Labour held it since the 1930’s or something? :rolleyes:

rockyrobins
    Participant

The town has been ruined by inept councillors making stupid decision after stupid decision year on year rather than the local mp, i doubt having an mp from a different party representing the town would make much difference to the state of the town centre for example.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News