I don't like Corbyn's policies but the local alternative is Andrew Atkinson ….

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum I don't like Corbyn's policies but the local alternative is Andrew Atkinson ….

• Author

welshman1000
    Participant

thank you for feedback, as you seem well versed in political affairs for a “lay person” maybe you can give me/us the story
    on the GARDEN TAX?

Jamsindahouse
    Participant

[quote quote=132494]thank you for feedback, as you seem well versed in political affairs for a “lay person” maybe you can give me/us the story
    on the GARDEN TAX?
    [/quote]

The “Garden Tax” is the name the Tories have come up with so people with a garden think the are going to be charged more tax.

The actual idea is to rethink the way land value is assessed.
    This could actually lead to people paying less council tax as the current banding scheme would be either changed or replaced.
    More info can be found Here & Here

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

Glad to see that Andrew didn’t get in and Corbyn came through in the end!
    Thanks for your input here guys!

zinger
    Participant

Congratulations to Wrexham & Clwyd South MPs for keeping their seats. I expect a fantastic change in the fortunes for North East Wales. With 28 Welsh Labour seats, 8 Welsh Conservative & 4 Plaid Cymru there can be no excuses. It won’t be more of the same will it?

Interested
    Participant

So glad that the people of Wrexham especially the younger voters made the right choice. If there is another election in the next 18 months I hope for even better results. Let’s face it…when Corbyn was given unbiased coverage in the press he just grew and every time May spoke her rating went down. Robotic responses…Strong and stable but yet obviously very weak and frightened of questions from the general public. A terrible campaign, terrible manifesto and a clueless candidate in Wrexham..only themselves to blame.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Quite right, Interested.

I feel confident that there will be another general election in the not too distant future as the alliance formed with the DUP is destined to fail.

What I sincerely hope is that we will not see the current Tory and Plaid candidates for Wrexham standing again as they have both been rejected 3 times already.How many times do they need to be told that the electorate of Wrexham don’t want them?

Personally, I found the local Tory campaign sickening and the Plaid campaign, well, pointless.

zinger
    Participant

Be careful what you wish for Benjamin. The vote share show Conservatives catching up on Labour in Wrexham year on year. Less than 2,000 votes between them. The Conservative vote share was 12.1 compared with 11.7 for Labour. I would not rubbish either of our two main local candidates as I believe that they both work hard for Wrexham.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Well National Elections are over it is time for Andrew Atkinson to get down to doing what he has been elected for and being paid to do since since May being a Local Councillor– I wonder if he will give a months salary to charity as all his time for a month has been his election campaigning yet being paid as a Wrexham Councillor!!!!!

Lets see now that he is on the Council if he is going to make a difference — he has spouted so much about what needs to happen in town and the problem over drugs yet his new boss on the Council fellow Conservative Hugh Jones has not found the solutions so how is Superman Atkinson going to make any difference.

Looking at the AA Facebook after the election he seems to have some prominent Town centre people behind him that seem to think he will make a difference- time will tell.

The starting point is he has to put Party Politics aside and start talking with the town MP – Ian Lucas – (it works both ways and Ian Lucas needs to be more receptive as well- a Town Centre Forum meeting is not the place for trying to score brownie points for Andrew Atkinson, Ian Lucas, Dana Davies and Hugh Jones — they all need to grow up and talk to each other if there is to be any change and just stop scoring personal points against each other- the image you portray in meetings is as negative as those who hang out in Lord Street

99DylanJones
    Participant

In being fair Carrie should also be included regarding being paid as a Councillor whilst spending month electioneering.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

I thought that man of the people, Andrew the Window Cleaner Atkinson came across like one of your pals on ITV and even popped to the boozer before the results.

I cannot help thinking that he missed a trick though. He would have had a few more votes from the common people had he chosen another profession to endear himself to us…

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Saturday’s Wrexham Artisan Market to be ‘showcase’ of local and national products

News

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News