I Don’t Believe It!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum I Don’t Believe It!

• Author

NJones
    Participant

Has anyone bought an easter egg yet?

Iceman
    Participant

No, but i think that the real issue is this. Why do they keep moving everything? Everytime i go there, something has moved. How frustrating.

angryShopper
    Participant

Items in Tesco (supermarkets in general) are arranged based on human behaviour (we tend to shop left to right) and based on data mining information gained from clubcards etc.

The famous example of this is the wal*mart card the USA, they found men were buying a lot of nappies on a Friday night (it was assumed the wife sent them out to stock up for the weekend) end result of this was beer being placed with the nappies, as they thought most men being sent out to purchase nappies on a Friday would like a beer.

It’s not as simple as this, sometimes they will work out the obvious most common route in the store to buy the 5 most bought items, lets say coffee, milk, bread, meat, cereals (just as examples) then you move those 5 times around so the shopper has to pass many impulse items, as if they were all in one section you wont sell much else.

Seasonal changes / social changes will over time (based on the club card information) change the order, and thus they re-arrange the store.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News