I Don’t Believe It!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum I Don’t Believe It!

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

Went to Tesco’s for the first shop since before Christmas Eve to be confronted with shelves of Easter Eggs !!!!

Darlofan
    Participant

Every year they do it. They’ll be at a high price while nobody wants them then near Easter they’ll be in “the sale”.

KKOB
    Participant

They’ve got to make room in the warehouses for the mincepies and Xmas cakes etc.

angryShopper
    Participant

Tesco wrexham should follow tesco hull and have a basics section, the entire basics range in 1 place, so the scum can pop in and out, making room for the quality items,

saves tripping over people reaching to the top / bottom shelfs, bcause currently the mddle each to reach shelf in tesco is expensive, high and low are cheep, but peoplpe don’t like to bend

Iceman
    Participant

Shop online with a glass of wine. No probs.

angryShopper
    Participant

snifter of port and some plastic fantastic sounds like a plan !

Darlofan
    Participant

@angryShopper 2910 wrote:

Tesco wrexham should follow tesco hull and have a basics section, the entire basics range in 1 place, so the scum can pop in and out, making room for the quality items,

saves tripping over people reaching to the top / bottom shelfs, bcause currently the mddle each to reach shelf in tesco is expensive, high and low are cheep, but peoplpe don’t like to bend

Are you saying only scum buy Tesco Value range? As 90% of our shop consisted of value products until last year when we discovered Aldi and I am as far from scum as you can get.
    Having been in catering for over 20 years I’ve seen countless examples of products being packaged differently for different companies.

The best I ever saw was pies produced for a supermarket, the recipes for it’s 3 levels of pie had a difference of 300g of butter and one filling had red wine flavouring added. That was for a batch making 1500 pies so I hardly think you’d notice the difference with an extra block and a bit of butter and a touch of red wine flavouring.

weasel
    Participant

I’m sure SCUM really is the discription of the rich people who can afford the pricey stuff….It’s the likes of them that are the real horrors…

angryShopper
    Participant

I’ll be honest, generally I use tesco for booze, they have a decent selection of basics, more so than sainsburys which is the let down of that shop!

but I’ve see “tesco value” paint stripper, branded as vokda / gin etc, I’m not sure the people buying that are the most classy bunch

Conde
    Participant

angryShopper, I think you have put your foot in it if I am honest. Many people who are fiscally responsible in a household will buy basics. After all, they are basics. Used everyday, by pretty much everyone to some level or another. I think it’s frankly disgusting you referred to them as “scum”. After all, I’m sure many of us who go on Wrexham.com are not on the best of wages to begin with, and as a result will go for the cheaper alternative.

Just because someone does not buy branded, doesn’t make them scum at all. I do genuinely think you should apologise.

Just as you have your options to buy your Gordon’s Gin or whatever tipple takes your fancy, it is also the choice of the ” not the most classy”, as you put it; choice as consumers.

Though on the back of your last statement it is fair to assume that you have bought home-brand alcohol and have regretted it, where does that place you on the classy scale? Just food for thought my friend.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News