Hygiene Standards in Wrexham

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Hygiene Standards in Wrexham

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

Which Wrexham Takeaways Have The Lowest Hygiene Rating | Wrexham.com

Will leave it to everybody to see what sort of establishments are on the list and who runs them !

If anyone wants to see an example of the standard required take a look around any Wetherspoons, especially the loos…. :)

99DylanJones
    Participant

As the Council don’t close 0 score businesses then it looks like it is up to the hungry people of Wrexham to vote with their feet.. there are now so many outlets it is quite easy to find a 5 star.

Chris
    Participant

Its very difficult for an EHO to close a business, and fines for not complying with an enforcement notice generally quite small. This why the FSA in Wales have made it an offence not to display Hygiene ratings. So the customer votes with their feet.

Wrexham EHO’s were one of the first to introduce this system.

I personally would not use a food establishment with a rating of two or less as it demonstrates a lack of basic understanding of food safety.

Adam
    Participant

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs when all we can mention about our restaurants and bars is the ability of the chefs to wash their hands..

Wife: Shall we go into Chester this evening, have a few drinks in Kash, The Cellar, maybe Harkers? Then on for something to eat in Hickory’s or Chez Jules.. maybe some seafood in Moules or a bit of tapas in El Gato..?

Husband: Hmm, not sure. What about Wrexham instead? I’ve heard some of the hygiene ratings in town are extremely satisfactory. Furthermore, under the new Best Bar None scheme, several bars have been able to demonstrate their premises are run within the law as well as both preventing public nuisance and protecting children from harm.

Wife: Bye then..

Darlofan
    Participant

Working in the industry I would say anything less than 4 is bad. It doesnt take much effort to get a 4 so no excuse for anything less.

As for having to display the results sticker, next time you’re out and about check how many places don’t display them.

Chris
    Participant

I wouldnt be in that much of a hurry to go and eat in Chester a quick search shows there are 144 food outlets covered by Cheshire West & Chester with a a rating of two or below. Insert sick looking smiley.

Granted this covers a large area upto and including The Port but the City centre hasits fair share of 0’s & 1’s

Chris
    Participant

@Darlofan 12257 wrote:

Working in the industry I would say anything less than 4 is bad. It doesnt take much effort to get a 4 so no excuse for anything less.

As for having to display the results sticker, next time you’re out and about check how many places don’t display them.

Agree with both statements I guess its just a matter of time before inforcement though.

David
    Participant

Krazy about Pizza on Poyser Street has only been open a year at most! How on earth can they be so bad that they get a zero? I love takeaway pizzas, but I’d never go anywhere that scores so low on hygiene. Maybe it’s time to start eating healthier!

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

Has to be a 4 or above. It’s basic hygiene, not splitting the atom. If they can’t get that right, they don’t really deserve the business. One of the takeaways from one of the outlying villages sent out a postoffice mailshot last week with their menu attached. Crosschecked against the hygiene website….Big Fat 0.

MP1953
    Participant

Although 4 is good you can actually see the difference between 4 and 5 so if someone has a 2, 1, or zero! then what the hell are they like.. !

and as someone said a 5 is not something spectacular it is only basic everyday cleanliness practices and routines.

different standards from different cultures ???? :eek::eek::eek::eek: that comment might provoke ;)

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News

Ken Skates outlines plans to improve Transport for Wales services in Wrexham and beyond

News