Hustings – where have all the local candidates gone!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Hustings – where have all the local candidates gone!!

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

Is it just me or have we now got some very elusive candidates for this weeks election- at a variety of recent Hustings in Wrexham it does not appear that there has been any event held with ALL of the Wrexham candidates present– sending a regional candidate to represent a local candidate surely is not acceptable even though we all have a regional vote.
    Let’s hope that if a candidate is elected to represent Wrexham is one of the ones that has been present at these Hustings listening to the views of local people rather than an absentee.

CarolThomas
    Participant

Well observed- and certainly looks the case that at no time have all of the Wrexham candidates been on the same platform at the same time.
    It is no wonder that there are so few people interested if the candidates themselves cant engage.
    Looking at the news in America how have they succeeded as a nation to motivate so many people to attend all their candidates large gatherings with our candidates pulling in very few people.
    I’m sure we don’t want the US razamataz but we need something to engage the public.

cromwell
    Participant

Has anyone even seen or heard of a candidate doing the rounds to drum up support for votes—seems like they are a very rare species in Wrexham or even extinct. No doubt come the day they will be hovering for our votes to win a place at the money trough.

The Monitor
    Participant

I have spoken with a number or the candidates over the past weeks, including doorstep. They Are involved and probably would wish for more time to actually knock on All doors. Sometimes it is physically impossible as I am sure you will agree. How many houses in the areas? How many days and evenings would you offer?

Nuff said, You will have your opinions, I have mine .. by experience, and No, I am not a candidate and never will be.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The point I was trying to make was why have all of the Wrexham candidates attended so few hustings were all on the same platform — for whatever reason they often sent a substitute from their own party. Surely they should be visible and able to take questions from their electorate.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Rare newts thriving after north east Wales pond restoration

News

Plans Submitted to Create Studio Flat Above Wrexham Fast Food Restaurant

News

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News