How to solve the Wrexham Zombie Apocalypse

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum How to solve the Wrexham Zombie Apocalypse

• Author

Interested
    Participant

Increased bobbies on the beat…..would help but we would have to absorb the cost in our council tax. So would the people of Wrexham want to pay for it is the question.

I think we need to get tougher and raise the penalties but not forget that these people need help. But…the question is do they want help and if so what help? The explosion of legal highs is frightening but apart from the laws relating to anti social behaviour how else can the police crackdown. Make them illegal but then in turn become unregulated? It’s a difficult one.

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=129284]Increased bobbies on the beat…..would help but we would have to absorb the cost in our council tax. So would the people of Wrexham want to pay for it is the question.

I think we need to get tougher and raise the penalties but not forget that these people need help. But…the question is do they want help and if so what help? The explosion of legal highs is frightening but apart from the laws relating to anti social behaviour how else can the police crackdown. Make them illegal but then in turn become unregulated? It’s a difficult one.

[/quote]

Ultimately the help they need is to tackle the source of the reason they take drugs on a daily basis in the first place. They need a home and employment. No easy solutions to those problems of course.

MP1953
    Participant

Wrexham made the Jeremy Vine show on radio 2 today ….

Mike Davies
    Participant

So called “legal highs” are no longer Legal. That were banned under the “Psychoactive Substances Act 2016”. As such they now become more of a police matter. I know this doesn’t solve the problem, but I think we need to know the Legal situation.

KidA
    Participant

A bit lazy of the Evening Leader to re-hash the same old King Street photographs on their front page today to highlight this story. There’s plenty of opportunity to capture up to date images any day of the week in Queens Square.

KidA
    Participant

[quote quote=129706]So called “legal highs” are no longer Legal. That were banned under the “Psychoactive Substances Act 2016”. As such they now become more of a police matter. I know this doesn’t solve the problem, but I think we need to know the Legal situation.

So how come there are shops on Queen Street and Chester Street selling what looks like ‘legal’ highs (as well as imitation machine guns?) How is this discouraging anyone from moving on to more illegal products?

99DylanJones
    Participant

Just to clarify possession and taking of ‘illegal highs’ is not an illegal act as per Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 the sale however is. If anyone has any information on retail outlets or anyone selling NPS then this should be reported to the Police or Crimestoppers.

Generally the Police can only act based on NPS users committing anti social behaviour, at personal risk to themselves or others, possession with intent to sell. ‘Hanging’ limp in the street I not an illegal act.

bubble
    Participant

I agree. Whist I still think these photos are an accurate depiction of what Wrexham is like, by using old photographs the Leader gives councillors the excuse that because these are old pictures, they are not representative of Wrexham today, that improvements have been made, etc.
    I love the fact that business owners from the bus station have written to the First Minister asking for a reduction in their business rates because of the problems in the bus station, but a) I still don’t think the bus station drug problem will be fixed as a result and b) I think customers having to travel to/from the bus station should get a discount on their bus fares! However, I’m sure most of us would rather see the problem fixed rather than get discounts.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The businesses would be better complaining to the Public Service Ombudsman http://www.ombudsman-wales.org.uk/ at least he has a legal duty to investigate of there are claims against a Local Authority for maladministration or other issues including not fulfilling their role. In the case of Bus Station they have failed the people and businesses of Wrexham in a very dramatic sense.

It is also possible to report a Council Member to the local Standards Committee if they have not carried out their role or brought the Local Authority into disrepute – in respect to the later this is clearly the case. Might be a bit late before the Election but worth considering after depending on who the Lead Member is.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News