How to solve the Wrexham Zombie Apocalypse

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum How to solve the Wrexham Zombie Apocalypse

• Author

wxmlad
    Participant

[quote quote=129119]Wrexham is fast becoming known as the “gold standard” in the region in caring for / supporting homeless drug users whereas other areas have closed their services due to cuts (I guess the council is doing something right!)[/quote]

Great news for the zombies of the north west, they will soon have the freedom of the old town centre. Most people I know would never set foot in Wrexham ever again

When the local councilors start canvassing just tell them you will vote for anyone other than the sitting councilor as they are partly to blame for destroying our once great town

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=129119]
    I guess he must not have recognised me.

[/quote]

Or perhaps he did.

Interested
    Participant

Interesting Nen…..it’s only through questions will we get the answers.

Personally think that we need exclusion zones. They have them in Merseyside and other areas where town centres, transport hubs have a zero tolerance areas for anti social behaviour whether that is alcohol, drugs etc. Our Town Centre needs to made a welcoming place not one where the first impression is one of a troubled, bleak town. A lot of onus is on the police who need to clamp down and show a presence.

The local authority needs to establish by laws and enforce them. It’s not just the transport hub it’s the green outside the guildhall, it’s seems to be anywhere and everywhere in the town centre. This administration seem oblivious to the problem and ill equipped to come up with a solution. I disagree with the ….don’t vote for the incumbent Councillor as there are quite a few who are passionate and good people. I think they are just poorly led by an executive board who are officer led and devoid of any ideas.

I personally could not be a Councillor….love my job too much. But am interested in the inner workings. I don’t get how everyone thinks being a Councillor is a high paid job and with all the criticism that they get….I’m guilty of it….don’t see the attraction of being shot to pieces for that salary.

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=129164]Interesting Nen…..it’s only through questions will we get the answers.

Personally think that we need exclusion zones. They have them in Merseyside and other areas where town centres, transport hubs have a zero tolerance areas for anti social behaviour whether that is alcohol, drugs etc. Our Town Centre needs to made a welcoming place not one where the first impression is one of a troubled, bleak town. A lot of onus is on the police who need to clamp down and show a presence.

The local authority needs to establish by laws and enforce them. It’s not just the transport hub it’s the green outside the guildhall, it’s seems to be anywhere and everywhere in the town centre. This administration seem oblivious to the problem and ill equipped to come up with a solution. I disagree with the ….don’t vote for the incumbent Councillor as there are quite a few who are passionate and good people. I think they are just poorly led by an executive board who are officer led and devoid of any ideas.

I personally could not be a Councillor….love my job too much. But am interested in the inner workings. I don’t get how everyone thinks being a Councillor is a high paid job and with all the criticism that they get….I’m guilty of it….don’t see the attraction of being shot to pieces for that salary.

[/quote]

Exclusion zones is a great idea!

Another idea I came up with, which could be combined with yours, is building a purpose built short-term “cell” in the town centre similar to the old “Round House” in Ruabon. Anyone caught under the influence of substances could be locked up for, say, 24 hours in there. It would need to have a water supply of course and a basic toilet facility. Maybe the detox would do them good and whilst they are in there they are not bothering anyone else. More effective than a fine which they can’t pay anyway.

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

I wonder what the zombies will make of the Dragon tomorrow?

wxmlad
    Participant

[quote quote=129183]I wonder what the zombies will make of the Dragon tomorrow?

[/quote]

[quote quote=129183]To be born Welsh is to be born privileged, not with a silver spoon in your mouth, but with music in your blood, and poetry in your soul.[/quote]

Have you been on the black mamba?

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=129165]

Anyone caught under the influence of substances could be locked up for, say, 24 hours in there. It would need to have a water supply of course and a basic toilet facility. Maybe the detox would do them good and whilst they are in there they are not bothering anyone else. More effective than a fine which they can’t pay anyway.

[/quote]

Isn’t that what the LLPD are already being paid to do in their Custody Suite ? They very rarely have “No Vacancies” signs on the doors.

Nen
    Participant

OK, another idea….flood the town centre streets with uniformed police – maximum visible presence.

I went to London the other day after the Westminster attack and they have done just that, and it really makes you feel safe.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=129260]Saturday April 1st 17:46
    Contact Us / Advertise / About
    Read 1,367,982 times in last 30 days .

Recent Forum Topics

Election Predictions

How to solve the Wrexham Zombie Apocalypse

Rate increases

Trinity Church

The Case for Annual Elections

Our Twitter Feed
    Follow us

Wrexham DisabilityFC

@WrexhamDFC

2 hours ago

Fair play to 20 of our players who took time out of their day to support @BuildTheBudget bucket collection.… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…

North Wales Police

@NWPolice

2 hours ago

#Wrexham v #TranmereRovers. A carefully planned policing strategy ensured that the match passed off without incident. Thanks to all the fans

Micheál Éoin Scott☭

@PaddyBoru1014

3 hours ago

@wrexham; Thank you to everyone who helped & found #Boris for us. I was frantic. He’s all tuckered out now in the kitchen. Thanks again

PC Scott Martin

@NWPScottMartin

3 hours ago

#Wrexham v #Tranmere fans leaving peacefully. Officers engaging with both teams fans as they leave PIC: (Click for large)

Wrexham.com

@wrexham

4 hours ago

Huge turnout for Dragonfest @wrexhammuseums today – queues backing up towards the multi-storey car park! PIC: (Click for large)

Wrexham.com

@wrexham

4 hours ago

@PaddyBoru1014 @NWPMattWilliams @NWPThomasHough this boris ? twitter.com/oldandfeelit/s…

You can view our longer twitter archive by clicking here[/quote]

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=129260]OK, another idea….flood the town centre streets with uniformed police – maximum visible presence.

I went to London the other day after the Westminster attack and they have done just that, and it really makes you feel safe.

[/quote]
    Come on, you are being silly now. the only time you see police on the street is when their is a football match.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News