How does NORTH WALES spend its money

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum How does NORTH WALES spend its money

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;6412 wrote:
    What is the definition of democracy?

Does it go something like: To be fairly and equally represented, to promote the well-being and happiness of mankind, to enable society to develop to the advantage of all its people.

that’s too tory and too master and servant for me.

For me: the public say how public services are run.

Alunh
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 6414 wrote:

that’s too tory and too master and servant for me.

For me: the public say how public services are run.

Much too simple Wayne. This assumes consensus and that is the whole point of the problem. How on earth can the public, including Labour and Conservative voters (amongst others) say how a school might be run. One group might want a Grammar, the other an Academy, the 3rd a Comp. Democracy at least allows some sort of majority to determine outcomes.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News