How can Wrexham become a modern market town?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum How can Wrexham become a modern market town?

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I walked down Regent Street & Hope Street yesterday & looked at the shops. The old Woolworths & Clinton Cards shops are a bit of an eyesore but apart from them I thought it looked quite occupied.

Matt
    Participant

Occupation might be okay on Regent/Hope Street – but it’s hardly the most enthralling set of must go to shops. When highlights are Primark, Superdrug, Waterstones & Smiths/Post Office.

cromwell
    Participant

“You cannot make a silk purse out of a pigs ear” as the old saying goes, but Wrexham leaders know “how to make a pigs ear out of a silk purse” The town is dead , memories are for the old, time to move forward and create a new town of prosperity, but the old town fathers are long dead, long live the memories-thats all thats left.

jimbow
    Participant

The Chief Executive Officer Ian Bancroft will be at this meeting on how can Wrexham become a modern market town. Only a few weeks ago he was spouting the way forward was to seek City Status. I just wish somebody knew where this town is going. Town or City?

Adam
    Participant

What was the point of the Town Centre Master-Plan? Apart from to chase after VVP funding. Has it been abandoned?

Birdman
    Participant

First of all stop moaning about Ty Pawb you’ve been doing it for 10 years with Eagles Meadow its getting boring now. Second, Wrexham cannot be a modern market town it needs to be something else other than a place to shop. You need office based business like Money Penny and an infrastructure to accommodate that NOT SHOPS!

MP1953
    Participant

Ha ha Birdman but it does takes the focus away from the : Wrexham MP votes… thread for a while

Matt
    Participant

Soon to be replaced by a Council workers pulling sickies thread

MP1953
    Participant

You could well be right Matt, who is going to start it I wonder ? :)

Matt
    Participant

I’d have said Council Watcher but he seems to be on some kind of long-term hiatus. I don’t have enough rant in me about the every ins and outs of the council at the moment. It’s all worn me down.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News