Houseproud Scheme

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Houseproud Scheme

• Author

Theresa
    Participant

How is it that someone can have a load of work done cheaply or free and make a house fit to sell on?

I have 3 jobs to make ends meet, yet because I don’t claim any benefits, I have to live in a house with single glazed windows and a 27 year old back boiler that costs me a fortune to run and am unable to claim a penny or get any help towards making my home meet ‘standards of living’ !

A house in Rhosddu has been worked on to make fit for purpose and now in a sellable condition, yet I have to come home from work, put a dehumidifier on to get rid of condensation and worry about costs when I put the heating on! Just some help to make my standard of living better would be nice, never mind getting the work done to make the house into a sellable condition! :(

Councillor X
    Participant

Theresa, you could perhaps call the Houseproud scheme on 01978 315300 and see if there is anything that they can do for you.

99DylanJones
    Participant

The scheme only applies to certain parts of Wrexham it is not across the whole County- not very equitable as we all pay taxes and rates

Daave63
    Participant

Listen The Resa, I suggest that you stop whinging, either get 3 more [or better] jobs or even get on benefits and shut the FUP!

R T
    Keymaster

Just a note on this, Wrexham Council have clarified and highlighted the following extra detail which might inform understanding on how the system works:

[i]”The Houseproud scheme is accessible to any homeowner within the Wrexham County Borough and is not area specific.

“The scheme is only available to the owner of the property however, if you are renting privately, your landlord may be able to apply.

“The scheme offers a safe and easy way to get essential works or refurbishments such as re-roofing, kitchen or bathroom replacement, a new boiler or a full re-wire done professionally by reputable council approved builders. Each scheme is facilitated and managed by a WCBC Houseproud Officer on behalf of the homeowner.

“The scheme is not grant aided and all works are funded by the home owner. In some cases the home owner may request to be directed to a loan scheme which may then assist them in raising the necessary funds to complete the work. Loans are subject to eligibility and are fully repayable by the homeowner.”[/i]

They also said anyone wanting further information please contact: (01978) 315300 or email [email protected]

Councillor X
    Participant

Thank you for clarifying this Rob. Its not a free service but at least the homeowner won’t fall foul of cowboys.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Glad there has been clarification as the original story made reference to funding loan from Vibrant and Viable which is restricted to town centre only and not other areas of the County.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News