Household Waste being put into, and by public bins.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Household Waste being put into, and by public bins.

• Author

MP1953
    Participant

‘Lazy’ public slammed for dumping household waste in public bins

Certainly not condoning this, but has this problem not been started by the Council itself, because the two weekly collection service certainly does not work for a lot of families with two children for instance, and if it is changed to three weeks it will only get worse.

Wrexham1
    Participant

Exactly what I was about to say, maybe if the bin collections hadn’t have been cut back, then maybe this wouldn’t be happening. I don’t think Bithell is in any position to lecture people though.

Councillor X
    Participant

Picking up on Councillor Bithell here:
    “I went past a bin the other day and there was a mattress and a fence panel by it. A fence panel! Someone could not be bothered to take it to a skip site. We have three top of the range skip sites that take everything, you name it, they take it.”

Then comments on the Twitter feed including:
    – But since Wrexham council got rid of the smaller tip sites I have noticed a huge increase in this sort of thing as well as fly tipping
    – Problem will only get worse if bin collections change to every three weeks
    – Bin was removed ages ago and people still put rubbish there
    – You can’t not expect people to start putting household waste bags near public bins

I put it to you that YES people are lazy but not everyone can drive/ has a car/ van and when you remove local skip sites such as the one previously off Queensway, and reduce bin collections what are people expected to do?

I look forward to seeing what effect Conwy’s four weekly rubbish collection has on fly tipping and if the ‘saving’ is swallowed up by clear up costs.

Bryn6
    Participant

Every 2 weeks when black bin collection day comes around, I genuinely put 2, 3 even 4 bags of rubbish in my neighbours bins before work. Been doing it for years. I’d happily pay a bit more for an extra black bin but that would never happen. I’m lucky enough to live nearish to one of Wrexham’s tips and go often, don’t tend to take non-recyclable stuff though, mainly due to the hassle you get from the blokes there desperate to see what it is your chucking.

Councillor X
    Participant

Bryn, do you put the recycling boxes and bag out or do you just throw everything in the black bin?

Mrs X once missed a collection and even though we now have an empty next, we struggled to get through to the next fortnight. If it were not for Fat Sammy from the chippy coming around and stomping down our rubbish i do not know what we would have done.

What we all need is a resident Fat Sammy to help with the bin problems!

zinger
    Participant

Supermarkets should pay towards waste collection. If we all started taking the packaging from our shopping back to the supermarkets it would cut down the amount in our bins no end.

Back in the dark ages before the advent of supermarkets, there was just one bin, a fraction of the size of todays bins & everything went in it. The bin men collected them from the back garden, carried them on their shoulders to the bin lorry to be emptied & then returned them.

Rondetto
    Participant

It hasn’t helped moving the recycling centre out of town on the trading estate. Not everyone has got a car to go that far.

Liam
    Participant

It’s hard to tell what’s backing them up, but in the picture of the one by Gresford Quarry shared earlier this week it mostly looks like dog poo bags so hardly bulky items. Are they being emptied as regularly as before?

dewi73
    Participant

Off topic I know, but why do WCBC insist on collecting the green waste recycling bin after November? surely now corrugated cardboard is not allowed in the green bin it now serves no purpose in the winter.
    Can we revert back to weekly refuse collections in the winter?

Simon
    Participant

There’s no excuse for anyone to start dumping their rubbish in Car parks though is there?

Picture credit @DippyAndrews

https://ibb.co/hm2v3p

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News