Hospital Car Parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Hospital Car Parking

• Author

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Janey,
    Forgot to add, if a person with disabilities is unable to supposedly get a bus or taxi(there appear to be plenty that do accommodate wheelchairs etc) as you claim, then adversely have they got the ability to drive a car?

Yes, it isn’t right that people park in spaces reserved for blue badge holders but I’m guessing that staff are of the mindset that if the public are parking in spaces reserved for staff, where else are staff supposed to park if no spaces are available?
    Do you want staff on the ward and in clinics on time or not?
    As I’ve said, far too many excuses for the constant over-use of cars, change your mindset and lifestyle.

MP1953
    Participant

[quote quote=166943]

I still fail to see the reason why they cannot re-adopt the system that was used when parking was first made free at Wrexham Maelor.

i.e. You took a ticket from the machine that was for 2 hours or maybe it was three, if you needed more time you just went out and got anther ticket, that would stop the all day parkers from town, staff should have their own areas and permits.

Even if there were no attendants checking tickets people never actually know this is the case and not many would chance it.

Again, there are costs involved in renewing and servicing the machines that The Trust don’t want to incur.[/quote]

It used to work though AMA and something needs to be done.

janeywxm
    Participant

Chilldoubt, I actually walk more than 5 miles a day, everyday and don’t own a car of my own! I also don’t park in the hospital myself but I do take very ill and disabled people of all ages to the hospital for various things as part of my employment.

The spaces are taken in the evenings by nurses going on shift. I don’t care if they are late for their shift because of looking for elsewhere to park. The nurses on the ward will have to wait for them before clocking off. Once that happens enough the bosses will have to sort something out!

And as for people being healthy, I agree ( able bodied) should walk more. I also think alcohol, being overweight, and smoking plays a huge part in visits to the hospitals around the country.

But then we can’t just target those people either! Lots of people taking part in sport, DIY etc can end up in A&E so what we do? Just sit and home in a bubble and hope we never get ill?

I’m just annoyed with disabled spaces being abused by people who don’t need them at the hospital.

Janey

zinger
    Participant

I am sorry that you have had cancer Jimbow & hope that you are recovered or well on the way to recovery.

parkingmad
    Participant

I have also noticed cars parking on the footpath also cars parking in the space reserved for motorcycles. But maybe they are going to the Ophthalmology Dept.

Matt
    Participant

To summarise the general view of Wrexham & the Maelor car park.

A cancer patient, a nurse late for her shift and someone mobility disabled all turn up into the Maelor Car Park & there’s only one space available.

A virtue signalling tongue wagger chooses to chastise one or more of these groups from the comfort of their own parked spot instead of leaving and freeing up their space.

ChillDoubt
    Participant

[quote quote=166986]To summarise the general view of Wrexham & the Maelor car park.

A cancer patient, a nurse late for her shift and someone mobility disabled all turn up into the Maelor Car Park & there’s only one space available.

A virtue signalling tongue wagger chooses to chastise one or more of these groups from the comfort of their own parked spot instead of leaving and freeing up their space.[/quote]

Phew, that counts me out given that I cycle to work every single day.
    Just a shame more won’t give it a go.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=166988]
    Phew, that counts me out given that I cycle to work every single day.
    Just a shame more won’t give it a go.[/quote]

Hah, you will fall into the category of someone who has just completed an Ironman & someone else who has just completed a Triathlon also turn up at the hospital completely out of breath & get overly competitive about who has exercised the most to reach there whilst chastising everyone who has turned up lazily in 4 wheels ;)

billycoen
    Participant

This has all the makings for a Channel 4 quiz show “Who gets the parking spot”,is it A. The porter,B.The nurse or C. The surgeon.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=167027]This has all the makings for a Channel 4 quiz show “Who gets the parking spot”,is it A. The porter,B.The nurse or C. The surgeon.[/quote]
    I would say the porter, he knows it all.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News