Homebase / Sainsburys roundabout

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Homebase / Sainsburys roundabout

• Author

Simon
    Participant

Homebase / Sainsburys roundabout

Could whoever is responsible for the upkeep of this roundabout do all the taxpayers of this borough who use it a big favour, and cut down the bushes on it?

It’s a driving hazard.

zinger
    Participant

The roundabout that I don’t like is the little one on the Chester Road off Bodhyfryd. If you are going straight across the island from Asda & something is turning right from the opposite direction you can’t see their indicators until they are on top of you.

If you are on the Mold Road from town & wish to turn right towards Sainsburys you can’t see your way is clear from the box junction until you are actually on it.

BenjaminM
    Participant

To both the above posts:
    Cardinal rule when driving- drive as conditions dictate.
    Re Chester Rd- the lane that the vehicle turning right is in, gives a massive clue and anyway, you should not proceed until until your exit is clear. Give way to traffic on your right. Cutting in or cutting it fine is not the recommended driving practice.
    Box junction – rule is clear- do not enter until your exit is clear. You shouldn’t be in it.
    Both indicative of poor driving skills.
    And I do use all of the locations cited regularly, without incident or, as it appears, complaint.

NJones
    Participant

@BenjaminM 8536 wrote:

To both the above posts:
    Cardinal rule when driving- drive as conditions dictate.
    Re Chester Rd- the lane that the vehicle turning right is in, gives a massive clue and anyway, you should not proceed until until your exit is clear. Give way to traffic on your right. Cutting in or cutting it fine is not the recommended driving practice.
    Box junction – rule is clear- do not enter until your exit is clear. You shouldn’t be in it.
    Both indicative of poor driving skills.
    And I do use all of the locations cited regularly, without incident or, as it appears, complaint.

Err the post are nothing to do with driving skill or ability its to do with being able to see the oncoming traffic. You must have the gift of being able to see through walls and bushes?

BenjaminM
    Participant

No, I do not have the ability to see through walls (?) and bushes but what I do possess is the ability to ‘read the road’.
    And yes, it has everything to do with driving skills and ability which has been clearly demonstrated on various posts of late. For example, Gresford roundabout, Mold Rd, Salop Rd to name but three.
    Goodness knows how some people would cope with motorways or city driving.
    All that I read seems to blame the Highways Department, perhaps some need to look a little closer to home.

Simon
    Participant

@BenjaminM 8542 wrote:

No, I do not have the ability to see through walls (?) and bushes but what I do possess is the ability to ‘read the road’.
    And yes, it has everything to do with driving skills and ability which has been clearly demonstrated on various posts of late. For example, Gresford roundabout, Mold Rd, Salop Rd to name but three.
    Goodness knows how some people would cope with motorways or city driving.
    All that I read seems to blame the Highways Department, perhaps some need to look a little closer to home.

You self-righteous git.
    I’ve been driving 28-years without a bump in the car. I’d ask anyone reading this thread to approach the roundabout in question from the Sainsbury petrol station and give an honest evaluation of the bushes obstructing the motorists view.

johnhoppy
    Participant

Simon has a valid point here. No matter how good a driver you are it is not possible to see through the jungle which is the B&Q roundabout. Whilst it is nice to see flowers and a few shrubs on roundabouts, they should not be allowed to become an obstruction to visibility on the road.

thewayneinspain
    Participant

Am a city driver (manchester & london) and motorway driver between the two cities from 1994. Simon has made a good and valid point.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Simon, nothing to do with being self righteous, I’ve been driving for 44 years without a bump, many of those years were spent driving an emergency vehicle at speed, in the City, but I do not consider that to be relevant any more than your 28.
    Perhaps the extra caution needed is a good thing in the location you highlight, because irrespective of the bushes, people do leave from the supermarket at a hell for leather speed and vehicles leaving from the Aldi road have the same problem, without the restricted view.
    No, I am sorry, lack of road craft.

zinger
    Participant

Obviously we on here do drive carefully otherwise we would have had collisions. Most emergency vehicles have a much better (higher) vision than a car & also most other road users give way so that is no answer. Don’t group everybody together with the statement that people leave Sainsbury’s at a hell for leather speed. Some may but not by any means all.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News