Homebase Closure

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Homebase Closure

• Author

Council Watcher
    Participant

Not sure how the closure of Homebase can be the Councils fault — they are not the landlord, they do not dictate the buying habits of potential customers. This is a commercial decision based on how the company can still remain in profit overall- when the number crunchers look over a business they are concerned with bottom line profits not about the location of a store.
    With other stores offering similar products it is the consumers who have indirectly closed Homebase not the Council.

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

Funnily enough, I’m more annoyed about the Argos going, that was quite handy.

I heard a whisper that a fencing company was taking over the site, can’t rememebr the name though, I’d never heard of it.

Matt
    Participant

I heard a whisper that a fencing company was taking over the site, can’t rememebr the name though, I’d never heard of it.

I assume you are referring to a place where the local spice heads can fence their stolen goods and turn games consoles and mobile phones into lucrative drugs money. That would definitely be a fit for the local market.

AMA Express
    Participant

There’s been no mention of Argos closing.

Wrexham ITK
    Participant

Argos is part of the same group as Homebase so I would think that Argos is only there because Homebase is, so I expect both will go, but hopefully not.

MargaretA
    Participant

Argos is part of Sainsburys, as was Homebase a long time ago. Many Sainsbury stores now have Argos actually in their building.

AMA Express
    Participant

Argos has been owned by Sainsbury’s since September 2016. They won’t be shutting it. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they either move into the Sainsbury’s site or perhaps expand into the Homebase building.

janeywxm
    Participant

I would not depend on B&q being there in the near future either! I know some people who have been made redundant from Wrexham B&Q in the last month or so.

Janey

AMA Express
    Participant

I was in B&Q the other day and one of the staff asked me if I wanted decking.

Fortunately I got the first punch in.

Ta Dah !

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News