“Holiday hunger”

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum “Holiday hunger”

• Author

WreX-iT
    Participant

They should lock the parents up and cart off the kids to foster homes where they would be cared for.
    Unwanted kids who will grow up that starving your kid is the norm and that luxuries are more important.

Lunch clubs are a sticking plaster and mean that the bad parents are rewarded and have even more dosh to splash out on fags n booze.

There are some right scum families out there and a lot of us know them.

Frogface
    Participant

[quote quote=172364]They should lock the parents up and cart off the kids to foster homes where they would be cared for.
    Unwanted kids who will grow up that starving your kid is the norm and that luxuries are more important.

Lunch clubs are a sticking plaster and mean that the bad parents are rewarded and have even more dosh to splash out on fags n booze.

There are some right scum families out there and a lot of us know them.[/quote]

Wow. Just wow.

Hardship happens. Poverty is a reality. The preconception that all parents who struggle to feed their kids, claim free school meals, are unable to work or on a low-wage are living in the lap of luxury sucking on the tit of the welfare state is dangerous and ignorant. Yes, we all know of families where iPhones and Xboxes take priority over fresh fruit and food, but they are in the minority.

Some parents using foodbanks and claiming benefits are truly struggling, but doing their very best to do the best that they can for their kids, and if that means that they need to send their kids to a playscheme to get lunch when school is out, why shouldn’t they take advantage of the generosity of the volunteers and charitable donations that make this possible.

Lock them up and stick their kids in foster care? For the failings of a system that makes it almost impossible for some parents to actually work and care for their kids at the same time? For the failing abomination that is Universal Credit which has forced parents to do without money for weeks at a time while their claims are processed/transferred from other benefits? I truly hope you never fall on hard times.

MP1953
    Participant

Successive governments have tried and failed with reforming the welfare state, which shows how difficult it is, and no wonder when there are genuine people in need of help and fake people who make it their life’s ambition to live off the State and then of course children get caught up in it all.

zinger
    Participant

We are now on 3rd generation of families who have never worked. They say that it is their right to have benefits. We all know them & they spoil it for those responsible people who do look after their own children but have fallen on hard times. The voluntary work done by these caring people is fantastic & should be heralded but on the other hand are they just encouraging the dependency on the Welfare State.

Fugazi3973
    Participant

[quote quote=172364]They should lock the parents up and cart off the kids to foster homes where they would be cared for.

There are some right scum families out there and a lot of us know them.[/quote]

Great logic. Because this is cheaper than giving the kids a meal yeah? Potentially scarring a child too. It seems that there are ‘some right scum families out there’ who don’t claim benefits.

Frogface
    Participant

[quote quote=172390]…on the other hand are they just encouraging the dependency on the Welfare State.[/quote]

Or just feeding the children of families who need a helping hand?

Amazed at the lack of compassion shown here. Shameful.

TimRegency
    Participant

A lot of the so-called facts about benefits put forward here are merely parroting the hate propaganda in right wing rags.

‘Welfare dependency’ – the bizarre idea that the thing here to relieve poverty is now the thing that causes it. As if there were no poverty before the arrival of the welfare state. It was just a solution in search of a problem(!)

They should lock the parents up and cart off the kids to foster homes where they would be cared for.
    There are some right scum families out there and a lot of us know them.

So, taxpayers should pay a fortune to keep the parents locked up in prison, another fortune to keep the children in foster care, and a set of new fortunes to mop up the inevitable damage that ensues? That’s before we talk about the psychological damage to the children as a result of forced separation from their parents.

That gives you a little clue about what motivates those who take an ignorant and hateful attitude towards those on social security, (and it isn’t about helping anybody.)

bubble
    Participant

Obviously there are “bad” parents who prioritise the wrong things. I think it’s hard to see the wood for the trees – “problem” families tend to stick out like a sore thumb whereas those who are quiet (yet possibly struggling despite their very best efforts) tend to be overlooked. I’ve had so many problems with neighbours yet when I stop and think about it, most of my neighbours have been absolutely fine – it’s just the odd one or two that cause all the problems. They may cause lots of people big problems, but they are still in the minority.

As this is a service provided by volunteers and donations, I really don’t see why anyone should take issue with it. Supermarkets often have a box for food bank donations – it’s voluntary & no one is forced to donate. I personally do not donate to food banks, I prefer to support animal charities. But I don’t have a problem with those who choose to donate their own time or money to food banks and schemes such as this.

I wish there was an effective government programme that could bring about real change in behaviours and attitudes of parents (and others) whose behaviour falls short of what most people would consider appropriate (but behaviour which isn’t actually abusive), but I don’t think punishing their children is the way to do it. Some people genuinely fall on hard times through no fault of their own and surely we can’t begrudge them a helping hand – particularly when it’s charity.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News

From Campus to Community: The Role of Wrexham’s Colleges in Local Economic Development

News

Beyond Academics: A Closer Look at Extracurricular Opportunities in Wrexham’s Colleges

News

Off-road motorcyclists ‘using their bikes dangerously’ warned they ‘will be seized’

News