HMP Berwyn — please turn off your sat navs as you will become lost!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum HMP Berwyn — please turn off your sat navs as you will become lost!!

• Author

99DylanJones
    Participant

So the naming has now been done for the prison HMP Berwyn– unless my geography is wrong Berwyn is 15 miles west of the site and is located by the Chain Bridge in Llangollen.
    I pity the poor visitors who look if there is a station in ‘Berwyn’ and they get directed to the Llangollen Railway!! Llangollen Railway better invest in more rolling stock to cope with the numbers..or if you do a Google map from Wrexham to Berwyn it takes you on an hours drive through Oswestry and past Llanrhaeadr-ym-Mochnant.
    By the time a visitor arrives their time slot for the visitors permit will have passed.
    Will be interesting to see what the full statement about the naming says and how it was decided.

zinger
    Participant

Speaking of Railway Stations. Perhaps the station in Wrexham will get a mention on that advert showing the cheap fares in Wales when the prison is open.

BenjaminM
    Participant

The sooner you realise that Wrexham.com is not the fount of all knowledge and you use your erm…… intelligence to look elsewhere for information as well.Nine times out of ten, you would be able to answer your own questions without rushing to your keyboard.

Do you honestly think that people who’s family members and friends are incarcerated, lack the intelligence to realise that HMP Berwyn will be located in Wrexham, whatever it’s called?

I would like to think that your post was made in jest but the common sense part of me tells me otherwise.

R T
    Keymaster

Thankfully people use the likes of Google to get directions and sat nav on their phones, cars, wrists and eyewear nowadays.

Luckily if you type say “manchester to berwyn” in Google it directs you down past Oswestry to er, Berwyn!

I have experienced confusion from people over Wroxham and Wrexham, and Wexham Park Hospital.

Nowt stranger than folk and all that…

AMA Express
    Participant

The Visiting Orders they receive will have the address on !

BenjaminM
    Participant

[quote quote=107931]The Visiting Orders they receive will have the address on !

[/quote]
    Come off it AMA, you are applying logic now. That will never do on this thread.
    Haven’t you realised yet that if there is no problem, invent one – the stupider the better.

99DylanJones
    Participant

Anyone know where to buy humour pills to be given out to some of the Wrexham.com thread respondents

Alunh
    Participant

The real problem is that this is yet another attempt to remove any semblance of Anglicised names from local Institutions. Odd how Colleges called Deeside and Yale became Cambria, the University, Glyndwr and now the prison Berwyn. I don’t actually have any problem naming places with Welsh names in general….this is Wales after all……it’s just that the ones in questions have stepped away from the logical geographical names for them as if to make a point. That then makes me think…..who is trying to make a point and to who.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News