High Street parking

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum High Street parking

• Author

janeywxm
    Participant

Hi everyone,

High street in Wrexham, can anyone park there now? I always thought it was blue badge holders only for some reason. Today though I noticed all the parking was taken up by non disabled, so is it okay for anyone to park there now?

Thanks
    Janey

Danielkg
    Participant

It seems to be a free for all at the minute. People parked in the bus lane and on the corner on the roundabout

Sheefag
    Participant

A lot of strangers in town for the ‘Pie & Chips’ festival.

jok
    Participant

Hi Janey,

High Street as you originally thought is a restricted zone, with parking only available for disabled people within certain areas and with restricted time access, but due to the limited powers of the Civil Enforcement Officers, the new name for traffic wardens, who are only able to enforce non moving traffic offences, i.e. parking, vehicles can pass through High Street and exit through Abbot Street via Town Hill without fear of receiving a penalty. The bus lane is a joke as bus services no longer service the High Street as a by product of the pedestrianisation scheme which reduced the width of the highway. Police officers are the only ones that are able to enforce illegal entry into High Street and due to lack of resources it seems that they are unlikely to be available to enforce the Traffic Order at this present time. I hopes this clears up your query,

Regards,

JOK

dagg
    Participant

It’s the same around King street and Crane street they are access only, busses and taxis I think,
    but everybody uses it.

Captain C
    Participant

Crane Street? No such street in Wrexham, you must be referring to Duke Street.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Most larger municipalities can afford automatic bollards to restrict access to specific types or vehicle or even just at certain times of day.

A nice to have, but not likely to happen.

dagg
    Participant

[quote quote=98562]Crane Street? No such street in Wrexham, you must be referring to Duke Street.

[/quote]
    Yes I realised, later in the evening.

jamesbwxm
    Participant

I’ve heard that there’s something wrong with the parking signs so that the parking restrictions can’t be enforced. Not quite sure how true that is though.

janeywxm
    Participant

Thanks everyone,
    I did wonder why it was so packed! Can’t remember the name of the traffic warden from years ago, a woman who everyone feared lol I bet she would have sorted out High Street!

Janey

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News