Has Wrexham Council stopped cutting the grass

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Has Wrexham Council stopped cutting the grass

• Author

ScooterSharon
    Participant

I am disgusted with the height of the grass growing in the green areas in Wrexham and surrounding area. It is over 3-4 foot high and can’t remember the last time I saw a workman cutting it.

I know we have had some heavy rain to make it grow but haven’t seen it being cut this year in Acton, Rhosddu, Penymaes Ave, Brymbo, Tanyfron, etc.

I know that they cut the grass where the Olympic torch was going through and that there are cut backs but come on Wrexham Council tidy up the area.

Andy
    Participant

“There are cut backs”

Was this a pun?

Same round my village. Redundancies and budget cuts I would say.

ScooterSharon
    Participant

@Andy 1229 wrote:

“There are cut backs”

Was this a pun?

Same round my village. Redundancies and budget cuts I would say.

Yes Andy – just wish the council would get on with making the grass areas of wrexham tidy again – or are they making them all nature areas – do wonders for the wildlife!

Born Acorn
    Participant

I’ve seen them doing road verges and the busier areas. Though I’ve noticed with this recent rain the grass has been growing faster.

barryjarvis
    Participant

I thought about this myself last night when driving through queensway.
    It looks awful, and really makes the place look, for want of a better word, desperate.

I did think to myself, if i had a petrol mower, I’d go and do it myself.

Rob
    Participant

We have just had comment on this from the council who say :

“We are aware of the concerns being raised about the length of grass on the county borough’s verges. This has been caused by the very wet weather during the growing season which has hindered our normal grass cutting schedule. We are fully manned on this section and as long as the wet weather stays away we should catch up shortly.”

rockchicklau
    Participant

My Dad lives in Trevor, and the grass there was terrible and overgrown. May be a coincidence, but the week of the Olympic Torch visit, the grass was cut …. not very well at all though.

NJones
    Participant

The grass is so tall coming out of Crispin Lane that you can hardly see cars coming from under the bridge by Remploy!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News