Halloween

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Halloween

• Author

Iceman
    Participant

Thank God it’s over. Seriously. Kids going door to door, begging for food like street urchins. Would you let a complete stranger feed your child chocolate? Do you know for certain where all the paedophiles live so that you can miis their house out? Do you agree with cold calling and upsetting people who may be bathing their kids etc.? If the answer is no, why let your kids go trick ot treating! In my day we had a harvest festival to look after the old folk. Now we seem to glorify obesity in kids.

zinger
    Participant

I don’t want to be a kill joy & do have chocolate ready but have a dog who goes demented with the doorbell or knocker ringing or knocking every few minutes. It isn’t a custom that I like. I think that it would be much nicer for them to have a party amongst themselves & do the apple bobbing etc. Who can turn little ones away though?

paul bearer
    Participant

After giving them chocolate covered brussell sprouts this year, I don’t think they’ll be back next time

dewi73
    Participant

Round by us people only knock if you put a pumpkin in the window, seems to be the etiquette nowadays.

Liam
    Participant

We only had one, didn’t answer and no bother.

Alunh
    Participant

I like Halloween. I sell all sorts of Halloween themed product and people go round Wrexham actually looking authentically scary rather than the normal culturally induced scary

harry
    Participant

most of my work collegues with children arranged to only go door to door to people they knew and had pre-arranged with before hand, which i think was a good idea. I dont like this random door knocking.

Iceman
    Participant

@paul bearer 10084 wrote:

After giving them chocolate covered brussell sprouts this year, I don’t think they’ll be back next time

Fantastic. I might give out some laxative chocolates next year!

gogledd
    Participant

I think Halloween has been hyped up beyond belief and is now just another commercial exercise in exploitation adopted from America. Anyway we have another, more British early Winter tradition of burning an effigy of a Catholic “terrorist” – much more child-friendly!!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News