Guildhall Frontage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Guildhall Frontage

• Author

pierce
    Participant

Just an observation on the new frontage of the Guildhall it would appear to be open ended.
    In the statement by the Leader of the Council, he states that the frontage will reduce anti social behaviour and increase security of the building.
    My questions are 1. How does this frontage reduce anti social behaviour. 2. How does an open ended frontage increase the security of the building and staff.
    I would suggest that at a time of fiscal difficulties and cuts in services perhaps this is the wrong time to spend the reported £11,000 on a project which appears to be purely a cosmetic job on the frontage of the building.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=151544]Just an observation on the new frontage of the Guildhall it would appear to be open ended.
    In the statement by the Leader of the Council, he states that the frontage will reduce anti social behaviour and increase security of the building.
    My questions are 1. How does this frontage reduce anti social behaviour. 2. How does an open ended frontage increase the security of the building and staff.
    I would suggest that at a time of fiscal difficulties and cuts in services perhaps this is the wrong time to spend the reported £11,000 on a project which appears to be purely a cosmetic job on the frontage of the building.[/quote]

The only conclusion I can make from the report is that perhaps Clr Pritchard is in fact a Dalek and therefore does not like stairs.

The Monitor
    Participant

[quote quote=151550]

Just an observation on the new frontage of the Guildhall it would appear to be open ended.
    I would suggest that at a time of fiscal difficulties and cuts in services perhaps this is the wrong time to spend the reported £11,000 on a project which appears to be purely a cosmetic job on the frontage of the building.

The only conclusion I can make from the report is that perhaps Clr Pritchard is in fact a Dalek and therefore does not like stairs.[/quote]

Hmmm…. Very Appropriate……. DESTROY!….DESTROY!…..DESTROY!….

janeywxm
    Participant

Oh Wow! Congrats to the council! They have now created a nice place for the homeless, druggies and anyone else to sleep under at night and during bad weather!

The kids who congregate under the band stand in the evenings will love the extra undercover space thats been created for them!

Yep!

Well done

Janey

AMA Express
    Participant

[quote quote=151561]They have now created a nice place for the homeless, druggies and anyone else to sleep under at night and during bad weather!
    [/quote]

Good move. With any luck it’ll stop them congregating at the hospital then.

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=151544]Just an observation on the new frontage of the Guildhall it would appear to be open ended.
    I would suggest that at a time of fiscal difficulties and cuts in services perhaps this is the wrong time to spend the reported £11,000 on a project which appears to be purely a cosmetic job on the frontage of the building.[/quote

Now now pierce the council raised more than £11k in the budget consultation estimating £15k from charging for extra green bins. Rubbish for rubbish and it is us that are GREEN!

Council Watcher
    Participant

The only beneficiaries are the one/two members of staff sitting behind the reception who will not be affected by the 20 seconds of wind that may blow when the sliding door opens.

Security improvement nil
    Improvement for roofless sleeping conditions plus 10
    Setting for wedding photos -10

jimbow
    Participant

Little wonder front line services are short of funding when £11k is spent on projects like this. The Leaders explanation of this spend, beggars belief.

Matt
    Participant

It’s one of those where every single penny of council spend is being scrutinised – especially on vanity projects like this.

In my opinion either the Council are very bad at PR – where’s the reporting on cash going to kids or elderly, homeless veterans, mental health etc… one of the select areas where people don’t criticise spend. Then people could be like well at least they have built a new school etc, so vanity spend won’t look quite so gratuitous.

Or quite frankly they don’t care – a f*ck you to the rate payers where they are going to spend the money on what they want and to hell with the critics – elections not up for years.

wrexview
    Participant

This is a “want “ not a “need”, everything that is a “need “ should be prioritised over all “wants”. Surprised this made the list of need over music education in the Councillors minds.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News

Wrexham man taking on London Marathon challenge for disabled skiers

News

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News