Groves School to Art Centre?

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Groves School to Art Centre?

• Author

NJones
    Participant

@wxm 6676 wrote:

I don’t know the answer, but if we could find a theme for Wrexham for the next century, eg adaptation of a market and/or industrial town (albeit this is a poor example), and we can populate it with economic activity, and at the core of that activity is education, we could hopefully grow Glyndwr Univeristy.

Part of the discussion in another forum is about needing a skilled workforce to enable inward investment and retain employers. Glyndwr make a substantial contribution to skills through engineering and other subjects, naming Airbus Broughton as one example.

The “swapping” of The Groves site that is covenanted, with another site is a clever and excellent idea, just need to make sure one of the sites doesn’t get taken advantage of.

Parachute this into an Integrated Plan, so that Wrexham as a community is seeking one vision, and the same set of values, and we’re away.

Great idea but good luck with anything that involves the uni spending money- they’re struggling!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I saw an article today about league tables for universities and Glyndwr had slipped two places.

wxm
    Participant

If the University is struggling for money, and has dropped a couple down the league table of 120 in the UK; should we look at what we should to to help them provide an establishment that champions Wrexham

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I find it interesting to see The Groves as it was originally before the concrete additions. I remember there was an enclosed part but to see it from above really shows the lay out. Let’s hope it’s put to good use now.

Rob
    Participant

Forgot to pop the pic in here – thanks for bumping as reminded me to!

groves-site-blank1.jpg

It really is a big site that has been uncovered.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

I was only there for my last year, when the comprehensive schools came into being, and that awful snack bar was the same then as it was when it was demolished. I think it looks much better without the crowd of buildings around it even if the windows are boarded up.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Rob;7161 wrote:
    Forgot to pop the pic in here – thanks for bumping as reminded me to!

groves-site-blank1.jpg

It really is a big site that has been uncovered.

All that land going to waste. There’s enough space there for 500 allotments (not including the beautiful buildings. Imagine how much those allotments could do in helping the town’s food bank and poor? Or nurseries to grow flowers to make the town’s parks even more beautiful.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Warning issued after ‘lithium battery’ causes fire at Wrexham recycling centre

News

Demand for Welsh courses ‘outstripping capacity’

News

New economy minister sets out his priorities for Wales

News

7 Facts You Should (or Shouldn’t) Go For a Ph.D.

News

Proposals submitted to turn Wrexham beauty salon into children’s home

News

Friends take on 45-mile ultramarathon to raise funds for mental health charity

News