Grosvenor Rd buildings

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Grosvenor Rd buildings

• Author

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Because they think they know better than us. Also the believe they are omnipotent and that they are in their jobs for ever. The people of Wrexham do themselves no favours by re-elected them over and over. It reinforces the belief in their own self importance!

wxm
    Participant

I posted a while back about publishing a manifesto for the DEMOCRATIC PARTY FOR PROSPERITY for Wrexham.

If those interested jointly drew this up, would enough seriously intending candidates put themselves forward for election?

Rondetto
    Participant

I think it stinks to see all the old banks turned into wine bars etc. There seems to be more bars in town now than stores.
    Some even charge £10 entrance and that’s before you buy a drink.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    wxm;6255 wrote:
    Not good! People with energy & money will go elsewhere. When will politicians and decision makers smell the coffee

Disagree. When will the voters wake up and smell the coffee.

All voters are to blame for voting in the fat cat politicians.

Alunh
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 6265 wrote:

Quite agree. The voters should be the dog and the politicians the tail. The tail should never be able to wag the dog

Sam
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 6265 wrote:

Crying shame that 90% of voters only relate to politics when it’s time to vote, and most of them seem to vote ‘as my parents did’ anyway. Shame.

Adam
    Participant

@wxm 6261 wrote:

I posted a while back about publishing a manifesto for the DEMOCRATIC PARTY FOR PROSPERITY for Wrexham.

If those interested jointly drew this up, would enough seriously intending candidates put themselves forward for election?

An alternative is some form of residents action group. Whether there are enough people left with sufficient time and determination I’m not sure.. and would the council recognise them.

What is always frustrating for me is the lack of any visible coherent plan for the town, something that has been mentioned on other threads. That’s pretty clear when you walk around the town as the result is inappropriate outlets popping up randomly which creates a feeling that nobody really is in charge.

Wayne mentions us voters being partly responsible but I’m pretty sure none us had the opportunity of voting for the town centre manager Isobel Watson nor Amanda Davies, Wrexham Council’s marketing and promotions manager.

The latter you may recall made the remarkable decision to ignore hugely positive public feedback by not continuing with the hugely successful Victorian market. She did however give the green light to the Wrexham Beach despite many councillors receiving pretty strong objections from the public..

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    Adam;6273 wrote:

Wayne mentions us voters being partly responsible but I’m pretty sure none us had the opportunity of voting for the town centre manager Isobel Watson nor Amanda Davies, Wrexham Council’s marketing and promotions manager.

The latter you may recall made the remarkable decision to ignore hugely positive public feedback by not continuing with the hugely successful Victorian market. She did however give the green light to the Wrexham Beach despite many councillors receiving pretty strong objections from the public..

I’d agree with that, but politicians still employ them. If the town centre dept isn’t fit for purpose sack the staff. We’re in a recession, there is no room for a failure.

alanh, I just think I’ve realised who you are.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Having worked in the public sector for many years I have found that incompetence is rewarded with promotion. I think the reasoning is upward mobility puts the offender out of the way!

wxm
    Participant

Swansea & Cardiff make the premiership . . .

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News