Gresford roundabout / Chester Road lanes

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gresford roundabout / Chester Road lanes

• Author

Steve
    Participant

With BOTH left hand lanes for Town Centre / Acton.

…and the roundabout exit
    gresford_acton.jpg

I would not say its an overflow lane it is simply one of the two lanes you can take to exit for Town / Acton. Guess people will have to live with other beeping and giving funny looks when in fact they are clearly in the wrong.

Suppose the council could paint some more arrows or signs for people who can’t read or see the ones that are already in place?

Steve
    Participant

The situation could possible be ‘helped’ if the two left hand lane markings continued across to the exit road as they do in many cities.

**** OFF TOPIC ****

This junction, why do people stop and give way (where the green car is in the photo), why do they not simply merge while driving down the road???

The council could have forced people to merge by extending the kerbing on the traffic island so cars were both pointing the same way before a decision on merging had to take place.

Wrexham Council ‘particularly highways’ appear to rarely make things straightforward.

firestation.jpg

Rob
    Participant

Totally agree Steve – plus around the corner opposite the post office is a common place for that where you sometimes get both lanes stopped as they wait for each other!

Steve
    Participant

The only thing I would say about the other side is you had to stop if you were going into the sorting office, however as it’s post workers or disabled only now then I agree!

Born Acorn
    Participant
    Steve;8361 wrote:
    The council could have forced people to merge by extending the kerbing on the traffic island so cars were both pointing the same way before a decision on merging had to take place.

HGVs and buses must use this road also to supply our shops and businesses. They do not have the same turn circle as a car and so may require the red painted area in order to pass through this area.

Steve
    Participant

@Born Acorn 8379 wrote:

HGVs and buses must use this road also to supply our shops and businesses. They do not have the same turn circle as a car and so may require the red painted area in order to pass through this area.

I would be surprised if they need the extra room as its quite a wide curve, however to your point maybe they could install something like 2″ raised cats eye type markers ‘a mini rumble strip’ to encourage drivers to merge side by side further down the road?

Anyway best let people get back to the original post, sorry for the hijack!

johnhoppy
    Participant

Part of the reason people stop rather than merge into the traffic is aggressive driving. On more than a few occasions when I have been merging into traffic it has been a nightmare with drivers determined not to be behind your vehicle.

wid9999
    Participant

Back on Gresford Roundabout, Acton exit…… So it seems we agree the two lanes should be used and people should not backup in the one lane .. logic :)

Now, does anyone have a theory on why we have to wait at the lights as seen in the pictures for 18seconds while people exiting from Acton are on green. Both the linkbypass traffic and us sat at the lights from Gresford / bypass etc are just sat still. We should be able to leave to the Acton exit and creep forward to the next set of lights. In my view this would massively allieviate the traffic backing up blocking the roundabout.

Why do I get frustrated! lol

wrexview
    Participant

Also why don’t they signpost the Gresford Roundabout to send the Whitchurch traffic along the new Link Road rather than, as at present , through the already congested town! I think this simple re – signing in both directions would alleviate some town centre traffic congestion.

sarahpucci
    Participant

Traffic management companies used to do a great job. Providing employment to the youth on one side, but also managing traffic for the area is a good cause for society. Traffic Management

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Opportunity knocks for Wrexham brewery at major trade show

News

Man taken to hospital after incident at Brymbo property

News

Wrexham shoplifter jailed after city centre offences

News

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News