Gresford Rounabout problems

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gresford Rounabout problems

• Author

Y Ffin
    Participant

The Gresford roundabout is designed around the needs of pedestrians and cyclists who wish to cross the various roads leading onto and off the roundabout. Once you look at it from that perspective, it probably makes sense.

zinger
    Participant

I personally don’t have a major problem with the roundabout but that is because I use it often & I know the area. From the perspective of a stranger however, it must be a nightmare. What would be the safest way to get to the Industrial Estate from Llay on a bike?

NJones
    Participant

@Y Ffin 7710 wrote:

The Gresford roundabout is designed around the needs of pedestrians and cyclists who wish to cross the various roads leading onto and off the roundabout. Once you look at it from that perspective, it probably makes sense.

You’d think so but I can’t make sense of it. Not 100% sure about Llay, but the cycle lane crosses the roundabout 2/ 3 times in places. It would seem you are required to cycle onto the roundabout and into the industrial estate, then there is a small length of cycle lane running to the bypass Chester exit where you are required to cross two lanes of fast traffic. Cycle under the bridge, and cross another 2 lanes of traffic light controlled traffic leaving the bypass onto the cycle way to Gresford.

The 2 way routes that cross onto the roundabout seems to drop cyclists onto the outer lane of the roundabout? You can cross to the island that exits the link road but its not easy to cross to Gresford there.

NJones
    Participant

Reply from WCBC:

There has been technical problems with the Traffic Signals at this location. Our maintenance Engineers have been trying to resolve this and unfortunately the problem would have created some of the concerns you have mentioned.

I have been notified that the problem may be resolved so the location will be monitored over the next week. As you are aware at peak times this interchange is extremely busy and queues will be experienced. Hopefully we will achieve a better balance once resolved.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News