Gresford Rounabout problems

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gresford Rounabout problems

• Author

NJones
    Participant

When are Wrexham council going to do something about the rush hour problems on the Gresford roundabout. Trying to get our from Gresford is nearly impossible between 4:30- 5:30pm with traffic regularly backing up to the Beeches. Its the result of cars queuing at the lights on the roundabout trying to exit for Chester road. Traffic off the bypass queues, then block the roundabout, then traffic from the roundabout does the same on the next light change. the result is that traffic from Gresford doesn’t stand a chance of getting onto the roundabout. There is going to be a serious accident soon as some drivers have taken to pulling onto the roundabout and blocking the lane to the link road, which is a fast run of traffic from the bypass. Others are turning right onto the roundabout trying to get across the back of the queue to go Oswestry direction, and some have taken to driving past the flash and diving out onto the link road. I’ll be raising this with the council when their website is back up and running.

Forgot to add- a simple solution to this problem would be to adjust the traffic light sequence so traffic heading to Chester road can clear the roundabout faster- at the moment the traffic is held for too long until the junction from Chester road starts. A filter light would be needed.

NJones
    Participant

Wrexham.com- could you do a report from the roundabout with some pictures of traffic around 5 -5:30pm?

Metalhead
    Participant

I have always been of the opinion that Gresford roundabout’s design is flawed, it is very confusing for people unfamiliar to it and as OP as pointed out at peak times it is a nightmare. I have seen many similar set ups in places which deal with much higher traffic volumes than this and they seem to cope much better. As already mentioned in the original post I also quite regularly see (traveling from the Gresford direction) the middle lane nose to tail (stationery) but the inner lane clear, I see drivers making a very dangerous swerve to the right to drive around the last vehicle in the middle lane so they can move to the inner lane. While this is happening vehicles exiting the A483 to access the Llan-Y-Pwll link road are flying around the outer lane.

There also needs to be a proper set of traffic lights at the top of the Marford Hill, hear about no end of near misses there.

WelshAlien
    Participant

I have been thinking when waiting at the roundabout that a filter to head into Wrexham would clear the traffic faster. I don’t know why this wasn’t included when they put the lights up, obviously they have never seen how busy it gets.

Rondetto
    Participant

I feel sorry for strangers coming into town. The one way system around the Border retail park is horrendous and I see smashed glass there at least once a week. Sainsbury’s roundabout is another as well as the Gresford roundabout.
    I don’t know who thinks these things up.

Metalhead
    Participant

These issues are precisely the type of things I believe we should be discussing on the proposed councillor’s forum. Most of the issues mentioned so far could be improved fairly easily in my view, the thing is that any improvements will cost money and WCBC haven’t got any right now :(

harry
    Participant

@Rondetto 7592 wrote:

I feel sorry for strangers coming into town. The one way system around the Border retail park is horrendous and I see smashed glass there at least once a week. Sainsbury’s roundabout is another as well as the Gresford roundabout.
    I don’t know who thinks these things up.

Last Thursday afternoon i car was approaching me the wrong in the one way system here :rolleyes:

Rondetto
    Participant

I’ve seen that happen too Harry. For strangers it must be a real nightmare.

zinger
    Participant

I have seen it happen too. The driver looked terrified.

lazyjack
    Participant

@Metalhead 7593 wrote:

These issues are precisely the type of things I believe we should be discussing on the proposed councillor’s forum. Most of the issues mentioned so far could be improved fairly easily in my view, the thing is that any improvements will cost money and WCBC haven’t got any right now :(

The scary thing is that the people who get paid to design these road layouts obviously don’t see anything wrong with them.

Some other bad roads have been discussed on this thread: https://www.wrexham.com/forums/wrexham-surrounding-area-forum/151-bad-driving-hotspots-town.html

I still believe that many of the roads around Wrexham are not designed to help traffic flow, quite the opposite in fact.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News