Gresford graffiti artist

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gresford graffiti artist

• Author

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

Many thanks to our mystery painter as I have been banging on about this since last September. Indeed the constituent who first raised it got a ” job completed ” message about 28 days after it was raised.
    As I leave it I am sorry to say the present council has proved to be the slowest I can recall since first being elected in 1993 in responding to small scale ,but potentially serious ,issues such as these.
    I can only console myself that I was never taken in by the Lead Member’s statement ” it will be done when the better weather comes.” (Sic )

Liam
    Participant

Did it slow down exponentially since you left the ruling administration just two and a half years ago?

Sheefag
    Participant

It’s no ‘Baz Is Innocent’ though.

AMA Express
    Participant

Or “Free Nissan Maindealer” !

Councillor X
    Participant

[quote quote=128903]Many thanks to our mystery painter as I have been banging on about this since last September. Indeed the constituent who first raised it got a ” job completed ” message about 28 days after it was raised.
    As I leave it I am sorry to say the present council has proved to be the slowest I can recall since first being elected in 1993 in responding to small scale ,but potentially serious ,issues such as these.
    I can only console myself that I was never taken in by the Lead Member’s statement ” it will be done when the better weather comes.” (Sic )

[/quote]
    Andrew, your actions here are irresponsible and you are encouraging people to take the law into their own hands!

Section 132 of the Highways Act 1980 makes it an offence for a person to paint, inscribe or fix any picture, letter, sign or other mark on the surface of a highway or upon any tree, structure or works on the highway.

Sheefag
    Participant

Beats waiting years for the Council to ‘take the law into their own hands’.

miserableoldbugger
    Participant

Andrew, your actions here are irresponsible and you are encouraging people to take the law into their own hands!

Section 132 of the Highways Act 1980 makes it an offence for a person to paint, inscribe or fix any picture, letter, sign or other mark on the surface of a highway or upon any tree, structure or works on the highway.

[/quote]

What a condescending (removed) you are c.X

Councillor X
    Participant

Section 132 of the Highways Act 1980

Unauthorised marks on highways.
    (1) A person who, without either the consent of the highway authority for the highway in question or an authorisation given by or under an enactment or a reasonable excuse, paints or otherwise inscribes or affixes any picture, letter, sign or other mark upon the surface of a highway or upon any tree, structure or works on or in a highway is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine not exceeding £100 or, in the case of a second or subsequent conviction under this subsection, to a fine not exceeding £200.
    (2) The highway authority for a highway may, without prejudice to their powers apart from this subsection and whether or not proceedings in respect of the matter have been taken in pursuance of subsection (1) above, remove any picture, letter, sign or other mark which has, without either the consent of the authority or an authorisation given by or under an enactment, been painted or otherwise inscribed or affixed upon the surface of the highway or upon any tree, structure or works on or in the highway.

When the police expose this criminal, will you pay his fine Andrew?

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=128919]Did it slow down exponentially since you left the ruling administration just two and a half years ago?

[/quote]
    Liam – I did not leave anything and good steadfast for the manifesto I was elected on .It was 10 others ( subsequently 1 more ) who joined the Independent group and have not felt the need to test their ” new faith” with their electors since September 2014. So you are quite right this Tory- Independent administration is based on a non- democratic deficit and it shows!

Andrewmackembailey
    Participant

[quote quote=128936]Beats waiting years for the Council to ‘take the law into their own hands’.

[/quote]

[quote quote=128935]

Many thanks to our mystery painter as I have been banging on about this since last September. Indeed the constituent who first raised it got a ” job completed ” message about 28 days after it was raised.

[/quote]
    Hi Councillor X- can I say I am not the mystery painter so have taken no action apart from expressing my total frustration with this situation that has not been acted on since September last. I have asked the council officers to check out if there is anything amiss or dangerous with the painted lines but they could have avoided all this and potentially dangerous manoeuvres by a more timely action themselves.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News