Green Field versus Brown Field Ruabon, Acrefair, Cefn, Trevor

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Green Field versus Brown Field Ruabon, Acrefair, Cefn, Trevor

• Author

The Monitor
    Participant

According to the Daily Post, our planning committee councillors (lower case deliberate) have approved the desecration of farmland in the interests of profiteering.  Damnation to them.  I am appalled at their stupidity and short sightedness.

Vote them out in the next election!

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=81786]our planning committee councillors (lower case deliberate)[/quote]

You see, that’s where your campaign failed, right there.

Caps Lock

zinger
    Participant

Most plans appear to be recommended for acceptance.  The onus is on us, the electorate make a stand against them.

I can’t find a ‘like’ icon as I would have ‘liked’ the above post.

Saxon1
    Participant

Zinger, I wish that we could do just that, but as last night showed it seems WBC are just going to plough ahead even with no end of objections. And now they will get these vast housing developments passed and blame the Welsh Assembly strategy for Wales, so that their conscience’s are clear.
    I hope that no Labour Councillor comes knocking on my door for a vote !!

We ( yes we Sheefag) as there is not just me !! have started a twitter campaign as well as an action group against the Gresford Road development which is even more houses than Ruabon on green field, but will it enough, I doubt it, but I/WE for one will fight it to the bitter end to stop the destruction of our countryside being destroyed forever and the local services that are already under pressure in our local community.

Zinger I wanted to put a like on The Monitors post but where did that one go !!.

Captain C
    Participant

There was two problems in the main last night at the planning committee.

1: Planning had been past a few years ago for the commercial buildings on this site so it was difficult to not give planning consent.

2: Local residents in the main did not complain in writing in fact most were in favour (as were the local councillors) of the go ahead.

A lot of valid points were raised such as the junction onto the by-pass needed to be updated (Welsh Assembly have to fork up for that not Wrexham BC) and the drainage problems which is in hand by the Welsh Water Board but will not be completed until 2017 so therefore work on site can not start until then. Alternate Brown Field sites were mentioned but the Airproducts one has already been sold and the other one in Ruabon has not been put into the market yet.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=81794]Zinger I wanted to put a like on The Monitors post but where did that one go !!. [/quote]

The one at the top of this page in bold text you mean?

Saxon1
    Participant

Ah thanks for that Sheefag, your soooooooooo clever
    I would put a smiley face if I could work that one out.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News