Green Bin Tax on the Agenda Again.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Green Bin Tax on the Agenda Again.

• Author

Bryn6
    Participant

Fortunately I live pretty close to the tip. I’ll take it myself. For £24.99 I’ll take yours as well!

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=171315]As Wrexham are introducing a charge Trafford Council are reverting to a free service again. Wonder what their reasons are behind this decision, obviously it wasn’t a roaring success![/quote]

Perhaps it’s a strategic ploy to get those in Wrexham to be so low on the uptake that the green bin collection becomes unviable and they decide to knock it on the head completely without looking environmentally unsound.

Some councils actually provide free composters for the garden for garden waste. Perhaps they should look into something like that.

zinger
    Participant

Derby CC have reversed the decision to charge. Now residents are all being given new free garden bins. All this plastic. Is it environmentally friendly? What happens to the old bins no longer being used?

In some places apparently they are given free re-usable canvas bags. The council compost the contents, then sell the compost and raise money.

wrexview
    Participant

Out of interest where does our green waste go?

zinger
    Participant

You can pick up free compost at Plas Madoc Recycling Centre.

https://myrecyclingwales.org.uk/local_authorities/wrexham

woogleeye
    Participant

This is just the tip of the very large iceberg with the mantra being by all councils now ‘keep hitting the council tax payer with increased costs for this and that as often as we can’ except in Conwy where every and all costs will probably have to increase tenfold as they have to pay for that wonderful new council building with its showers and hairdryers which so fits in with the surrounding buildings.

Wrexham should if any ‘perks’ are still in operation stop them, no further ‘vanity’ projects if any are on the table for discussion also review the daily parking charges they introduced for their staff if the scheme is now in operation but this could be ignored so as to not cause them further financial hardship.

And as the settlement is decided by our masters in the Senedd perhaps they will take a closer look at how far that local government has fallen and be more generous with their financial allocations to the forgotten land of North Wales.

But I do not hold out much hope as South Wales always has and will continue to be looked after so perhaps we should all now be looking at one bedroom flats with no gardens.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since i moved back to my house in November after renting for a few years, I haven’t used my green bin. I have simply created a ‘compost heap’ and put all veg and garden waste there. My garden is over 120m2 so if i did use green bin the grass cuttings won’t fit in regardless.

Cosposting is the way to save money, be more green, and after a few years gives you decent soil to use in same garden.

MP1953
    Participant

It’s happening.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Football Banning Order issued to Wrexham man for ‘pyro offences’

News

Ambulance Service ‘expecting the Bank Holiday period to be a busy one for us’

News

Reminder to check for Schools Essentials Grant before window closes at end of May

News

Wrexham AFC Women Awarded first UEFA License and FAW Tier 1 License renews for 2024/25 Season

News

“Disrespectful” easter egg hunt in cemetery cancelled after backlash

News

Free Easter Egg Hunt in Wrexham city centre tomorrow!

News