Green Bin Tax on the Agenda Again.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Green Bin Tax on the Agenda Again.

• Author

wrexview
    Participant

How much will this cost in administration? Have Council taken into account extra money pay for additional fly tipping? Why not just include it in the overall Council Tax ? What percentage up take have they used for their revenue projection? Flintshire have a mere 40% uptake which will no doubt fall again this year as they hike the charge up another fiver !

JaneJ
    Participant

Rob (Wrexham.com) good choice of photo for the budget item — it shows Ms Claire Field who has already left her Council role as Startegic Director and not replaced as her role was a budget cut!!

Ioan y Ffin
    Participant

Are the councillors telling residents that they disapprove of gardening and growing your own vegetables by charging for green bin collections, but are fine with people producing non-recyclable waste because black bin collections continue without an additional charge? We could, of course, just concrete over our gardens turning them into parking lots as Joni Mitchell wrote – provide work for local building companies creating additional pollution, give two fingers to nature and birdlife, despoil the streetscapea of our local towns and villages and create additional water run off which will force the council to spend even more money on ensuring our local drains are clear.

katy
    Participant

Most peoples garden waste will be going straight in the black bins if this happens.

TheSpectre
    Participant

Reading the article all I can see is that we (those that pay council tax) will be hit again and again and again, it is now becoming a never ending circle of increased charges to us for this that and the other I wonder when charging us for the very air that we breathe will be put on the table to be discussed as a revenue earner.
    Also any and all increases implemented seem to be far greater than the ‘cost of living increases’ we receive which one has to assume has an effect on our existing quality of life.
    When will this vicious circle end as I can only see the ability to keep paying any and all increases to become a major burden around the neck for a number of individuals.
    In my own case on a fixed income (no excessive spending people) and with more prudent fiscal planning I should be able to pay any and all bills for the coming year of 2019/2020 but I have to say for the following years who knows.

billycoen
    Participant

This used to be so simple,fill your one and only bin,and the binman would pick it up and return it up yer path,Christmas time bung ’em a few bob or they would leave a trail of shit up said path.

IMHO
    Participant

Sorry but i have to mention it again. Cutting vital services (again), charging for services that have historically been included in the council tax, talk of closing libraries and the “under used” (they say) other facilities but increasing spending on supporting the Welsh language where the spend is in the millions anyway. Changing road signs where the Welsh isn’t on top or the spelling is wrong is just one example of the measures where much needed money is being used. I need to ask, is that a priority? Does it really matter, when people are suffering from major cuts to services? Not to me it doesn’t. Ok. i’ll admit it i’m an Englishman living in Wales therefore it could be said i have no right to bring the matter up but, i do pay my due taxes here which does give me that right.
    Are you, the Welsh here, happy with it all? Another thing i have said here before and it’s still true is that if you agree to spending millions on the Welsh language at this time of acute shortage of funds for important services then, you should not complain about those shortages and just suck them up and be happy that the road signs are being put the way they, in your opinion, should be.

Councillor X
    Participant

We have BIN (been) here before.

I have the smallest of gardens so will be putting my dead plants in the black bin. Not worth £25!

The ‘spoonies are saying they will do the same but some don’t cut their grass of hedges so say it doesn’t affect them.

wrexview
    Participant

As Wrexham are introducing a charge Trafford Council are reverting to a free service again. Wonder what their reasons are behind this decision, obviously it wasn’t a roaring success!

WreX-iT
    Participant

[quote quote=171243]Are the councillors telling residents that they disapprove of gardening and growing your own vegetables by charging for green bin collections, but are fine with people producing non-recyclable waste because black bin collections continue without an additional charge? We could, of course, just concrete over our gardens turning them into parking lots as Joni Mitchell wrote – provide work for local building companies creating additional pollution, give two fingers to nature and birdlife, despoil the streetscapea of our local towns and villages and create additional water run off which will force the council to spend even more money on ensuring our local drains are clear.[/quote]

Did Joni Mitchell really write “provide work for local building companies creating additional pollution, give two fingers to nature and birdlife, despoil the streetscapea of our local towns and villages and create additional water run off which will force the council to spend even more money on ensuring our local drains are clear.”???

Does anyone know if people on benefits will have to pay the £25 or is it just another tax on people who work?

I know people in Flintshire where they have to pay £30 a year for green bins who put their grass cuttings in the brown bin or put them in neighbours bin or the ones in rural areas tip them in fields or besides the road. £30 isn’t much but people say why pay when they already pay Council tax.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News

Updated: Firefighters called to incident at Bryn Lane recycling centre

News

Wrexham Council first in north Wales to install men’s sanitary bins in public toilets

News

Former Debenhams store in Wrexham could become trampoline park

News

Video: Wrexham market’s historic secrets are being uncovered amid refurb

News

Competition watchdog launches investigation into £2.5 billion merger between Flintshire based Redrow and Barratt

News