44 New Homes in Gresford

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 44 New Homes in Gresford

• Author

Huw
    Participant

Had a look down Vicarage Lane today and to be honest it is in desperate need of a bit of tidying up! This plan would work well as long as they could widen the road a little. A nice little spot for an estate that.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=171724]Had a look down Vicarage Lane today and to be honest it is in desperate need of a bit of tidying up! This plan would work well as long as they could widen the road a little. A nice little spot for an estate that.[/quote]

Watch out Huw you might upset the most Middle class Mail reading Tory protestors in history. You’ll be due a (not so) hasty rebuke in the parish quarterly newsletter and some tut tuttings.

Gresford

FYI I’ve spoken to a few people today from the village who actually back the planned building – recognising that we do in fact need houses locally even in that area.

There are also people crying that their house prices might fall & their view will be spoiled – nothing like complaints of the privileged.

dewi73
    Participant

As there’s a housing shortage in the area I fully support this development. How are young people supposed to get on the housing ladder without new homes being built.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Whenever and for wherever plans are deposited for new builds in the County Borough, as sure as night follows day, objections will be raised by the local nimby population. They are not even inventive in their grounds for objection – schools, roads and health provision primarily.
    The nodding donkeys on the Planning Committee will generally refuse the application, appeals follow, original decision overturned, houses built.
    When are people going to learn they are p*ssing in the wind and save their breaths to object to the more important decisions being made in our name by the so called Executive?

WreX-iT
    Participant

I have no opinion on whether or not the houses should go ahead but i am a bit p*ssed that nobody made of a recording of the protest.

I would have loved to hear a chorus of posh voices chanting
    THE RURAL CHARACTER OF OUR LOVELY VILLAGE COULD BE LOST FOREVER

reading that banner and someone could have made on supporting the builders saying
    THE RURAL CHARACTER OF OUR LOVELY VILLAGE PROBABLY WON’T BE LOST FOREVER BECAUSE ITS OUTTA THE WAY

jimbo – respect on the window comment pity there is no LIKE button

Born Acorn
    Participant

[quote quote=171740]As there’s a housing shortage in the area I fully support this development. How are young people supposed to get on the housing ladder without new homes being built.[/quote]

Woah Dewi73, don’t you know that there’s a huge waiting list of English commuters just waiting to move to the Wrexham area? At least that’s the gist I get from the Facebook comments conspiracy machine.

The young people of Wrexham clearly either just live with their parents forever, leave the area, or die before they can move out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having attended the Planning meeting, the right decision was reached by the majority of the councillors. It appears that the only party (in the council) in favour was the Planning Department who defended their glowing report in favour of the development. It was with some surprise and question that the major objector, i.e. the Councils own Highways Officer (or his deputy) failed to attend the important meeting to present their opposition to the Development – so all that remained was the Planning Department promotion.

A disgraceful ploy by Gower Homes (or their representatives) to flood the public gallery with paid tradesmen who were summoned to stand to indicate their dependence on Gower Homes (and this Development) for their livelihood was treated with the distain it deserved. I watched the council employees intently as the tradesmen were summoned to stand to see if any of them flinched…..

zinger
    Participant

It is when you realise that most of the new developments are close to the bypass it does make you think that Born Acorn is right on the button. I wonder how much of their money will be spent in Wrexham.
    The village I grew up in was once a good 6 miles away from the nearest town. Now it is so built up that it is barely 2 miles & is very much a commuter village.

Matt
    Participant

It is of significant interest that it was no doubt Clr Atkinson who worked hard in the area to get the planning application rejected – only for another Conservative to claim most of the credit. Upcoming Tory candidate Sarah Atherton.

I’m all for healthy competition within parties, but this smacks of political opportunism.

I bring this up because there are clear rifts in the local party with Atherton at odds with the likes of Clr Hugh Jones who is on The Executive board alongside Clr Atkinson. Taking this story into account.

https://www.oldleaderlivestory.co.uk/news/17799337.senior-tory-slams-party-s-parliamentary-candidate-describing-state-wrexham-town-centre-depressing/

DerekJackson
    Participant

Zinger dont forget that when there was a bigger gap between Wrexham and Gresford there was a massive coal pit between so it certainly was not six miles of green fields!!

There is a very clear reason why the Planning Officer is pushing for a variety of applications when there are no real grounds under planning regulations — they know that applications turned down very often will go through on appeal and the Council will have to foot the bill.

The Planning Department was tasked as an income generator approx 5 years ago and for every appeal that is lost the cost comes out from their earned income and could make them have a deficit whuch in turn means they have to cut the number of staff in their Department. The Planning Department has both a proffesional and personal reason to support applications.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Campaign launched to reduce motorcycle-related deaths and serious injuries in north Wales

News

Funding support for sustainable projects in Clwydian Range and Dee Valley

News

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News