"Give your feedback on plans to place average speed cameras on Wrexham bypass"

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum "Give your feedback on plans to place average speed cameras on Wrexham bypass"

• Author

zinger
    Participant

It is rather ridiculous that national speed limits apply on many country roads than on a purpose built dual carriageway by-pass.

I am no expert but I would think that stop – start motoring contributes more to pollution than smooth running at any speed. Speed bumps & traffic calming a perfect case in mind.

katy
    Blocked

According to the official report (Section 3.1), if no measures are taken to reduce the emissions on the A483, then the A483 will become compliant with the law in 2018, with further reductions in emission levels predicted in future years.

So if the A483 is already compliant why are they even looking at spending £275,000 of tax payers money on this??

MP1953
    Participant

Got to agree £275 k is a lot of money to be spent on this particular project, but I also think something needs to be done to curb speeding and general poor & inconsiderate driving which I am sure is resulting in ever more accidents.

Travis Bickle
    Participant

Just witnessed a truck doing 57mph overtaking cars obeying the 50 limit. I knew this would happen, what with speed governed HGV’s using this vital route on their deliveries. Wouldn’t 60mph have been more sensible as a limit?

AMA Express
    Participant

Or 70mph maybe ?

Huw
    Participant

IF cameras are installed, trucks, cars, coaches, motorcycles, etc will have to obey the 50mph limit or they’ll get fined. At the moment the 50mph limit is obviously not working.

Bryn6
    Participant

I’ll just keep chugging the old diesel past here at 80mph, the last thing we want is for the 50mph restriction to actually work! You’ll all thank me eventually when it goes back to 70mph.

David Thomas
    Participant

A lot of traffic could be reduced by improving the A5, as at the moment all major traffic from the south and Midlands are using the a483 to head on the A55 towards Ireland.
    It’s signposted and directed on their satnav.
    I think the average speed cameras are going to be part of the infrastructure on most UK roads soon.

Simon
    Participant

Likewise, as other thread participants have pointed out, the 50 zone is causing problems on slip roads, particularly during ‘rush hour’. Rather exasperating when other are flying past in the ‘fast lane’ oblivious to the speed signs? Mr White Van Man, haulage vehicles etc
    It’s causing more trouble than before.

Matt
    Participant

It’s all just a complete waste of time – example of the Welsh Government taking a macro problem – such as emissions and then applying a solution of very little effect to the problem with a complete disregard for the local (micro) area problems that it will cause end road users.

If the actual end benefit is saving lives through lowering pollution then it’s stupid as the % chance of a life threatening accident occurring is increased due to the aforementioned speed issues on slip roads.

If the end benefit is to improve environmental goals for Wales then stop mucking about with this and get cash to do the Swansea Tidal lagoon instead.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham to take on Vancouver White Caps in ‘Wrex Coast Tour’

News

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News