"Give your feedback on plans to place average speed cameras on Wrexham bypass"

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum "Give your feedback on plans to place average speed cameras on Wrexham bypass"

• Author

Huw
    Participant

Spot on maxman. Two roads in the area that are used as a racetrack and ANPR will clamp down on all the tax dodgers!

ChillDoubt
    Participant

Average speed cameras for the A483,A5156 are a no brainer,especially if they incorporate ANPR .They will stop the roads being used as a racetrack.If you stay within the law you have nothing to fear.
    ——————————-
    Think you’re missing the issue. It’s not a matter of cars speeding everywhere(have you seen the A483 at rush hour?), it’s more about the extremely minimal impact on environmental benefit the 50 mph will make.

Huw
    Participant

If it slows vehicles down then at the end of the day that’s a good thing. ANPR camera’s will also detect people who don’t pay tax and also dodgy vehicles used to bring drugs into our town. If you’ve got nothing to hide then you don’t need to worry.

dewi73
    Participant

What a ridiculous waste of money, £275,000 to introduce speed cameras and potentially £30 million introducing air barriers!
    The Welsh Assembly are trying to avoid a fine imposed by the EU for not doing enough to combat air quality and this fine would still be payable post Brexit.
    I would like to see the results of the research on the NO2 trial published before any money is spent as I think it could be used far more wisely

Sheefag
    Participant

Speed cameras? Parking tickets? Car tax? MOT? Insurance?
    I’ve saved a packet on these since I registered my car in Bulgaria.

maxman
    Participant

Dream on

George4
    Participant

Can we be supplied with figures of Nitrogen Dioxide levels before and since June.
    The slip roads should be included with cameras and speed limit especially the Gresford Roundabout with all the accidents on it.

beedar
    Participant

In my 30 years of driving I don’t think I can remember a more pointless, unnecessary utter waste of money, with all the council cutbacks forecast and they spend that kind of money on this utter nonsense, I really do wonder what sort of people make these idiotic decisions.

maxman
    Participant

You won’t be able to get any accurate data from June onwards as only 50% of vehicles are obeying the 50 mph speed limit.When the cameras are installed and the speed limit is been obeyed ,then we should be collect accurate data.

Huw
    Participant

Would cameras be put on the 2 slip roads that enter this stretch? Otherwise vehicles are going to be driving in excess of 70/80mph when trying to merge onto a 50mph road!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News