"Give your feedback on plans to place average speed cameras on Wrexham bypass"

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum "Give your feedback on plans to place average speed cameras on Wrexham bypass"

• Author

moggsie
    Participant

Some feedback on your post first Rob.

Do you share my view that the traffic data shown in the attachment needs refreshing ?

Weren’t the new signs only erected toward the end of June ?

My experience is that very few seem to abide by the new temporary limit.

When someone is belting up after the Gresford Hill ( South ) at 70-80 mph in the overtaking lane, and there is 55mph traffic coming up the Southbound Jctn 6 slip toward Mold Rd, where does that leave the poor souls in the nearside lane also headed south at Jctn 6, travelling at the speed limit ?

At risk of a bit of a bang I would suspect.

The temporary scheme is plain nuts. Execute it properly and enforce it if you’re going to bother at all.

dagg
    Participant

Who is going to pay for it, in the long run.? I agree with you that the present set up is rubbish.

dewi73
    Participant

Have the nitrogen dioxide levels improved since the start of the trial? Where were the results published?

ChillDoubt
    Participant

I concur with moggsie.
    Whoever dreamt this initial scheme up is quite frankly trying to justify their position and would struggle to organise a pillow fight in a dormitory.
    As has been pointed out elsewhere, what about those joining from the slip roads?
    During my first driving lesson on a bypass my instructor encouraged me to attain a speed of 70 mph in order to join traffic correctly. Joining at 50 is pure folly.
    I’m sure there are far better ways and schemes to promote better air quality by cycling, car share, park& ride and other anti-sedentary lifestyle encouragement.
    Furthermore, any benefit from the 50 mph limit is surely offset by the amount of times traffic is brought to a standstill on the A483!

steveg
    Participant

How dare anyone infringe on my absolute God-given right to drive MY car as fast as I want to? Elf and safety gone mad.

Huw
    Participant

Regarding joining the bypass where the 50mph limit applies; If average speed cameras were to be installed on this stretch they would have to put some at the beginning of the 2 slip roads that are used to enter the A483 (B&Q roundabout and Gresford roundabout). There would be no problems then.

moggsie
    Participant

It all seems a bit pointless.

The monitoring carried out does not appear to present empirical data. Maybe even a bit of guesswork dressed up to look accurate.

All this at a time when Diesel sales are on the decline.

Makes perfect sense to blow £275,000 right ?

Follow the money.

wrexview
    Participant

Has lowering the speed had any effect on the air quality?

Nen
    Participant

It looks like this is not going to go ahead anyway. They’re asking for feedback and all the feedback I’ve seen is universally against the idea, so back to the drawing board on this one, I guess.

maxman
    Participant

Average speed cameras for the A483,A5156 are a no brainer,especially if they incorporate ANPR .They will stop the roads being used as a racetrack.If you stay within the law you have nothing to fear.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

County Lines drug dealers targeted as part of major police operation

News

Clwyd South MS gives ringing endorsement to church bell restoration bid

News

Works on New Broughton housing development set to begin in spring

News

North Wales chief constable backs new Police Anti-Corruption and Abuse Reporting Service

News

Welsh gaming professionals flying the flag at “instrumental” US conference

News

What to expect with new first minister set to be appointed and cabinet reshuffle on the horizon

News