GHA Coaches

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum GHA Coaches

• Author

Transportuser
    Participant

[quote quote=116170]

… small number of drivers, which sad to say we’re mostly of foreign origin to paint such a bad picture of the GHA company…

I see you are one of those who blame others (especially other nationals) for your/our own failings. Arriva has quite a few Polish (and I think also Slovakian, but not 100% sure on that) drivers, and they are a good and polite bunch.

I used GHA for the past few years to go between Ruabon, Wrexham and Wrexham Ind. Est. on a nearly daily basis, and I am “sad to say” the local Brit/Welsh drivers were the worst – half blind or deaf, driving like drag racers over speedbumps or around corners. On a couple of occasions I had to leave the bus a bit early and leg it home, out of fear of puking, as the driver’s antics made me feel really sick – and that’s coming from a guy who can ride most of amusement parks attractions without batting an eyelash.

[/quote]
    I’m afraid my experiences are similar.
    The speeding, and tailgating was a particular concern. One can only assume the timetabling was seriously flawed.
    One of the better one’s was Portuguese but some of the others’ were a worry.

One thing I could never understand is how the No5, from Llangollen, could arrive at Ruabon late one night and 6 mins early another?
    How can you gain 6 mins, and are their really traffic delays 7:30 in the evening?

moshchops
    Participant

And I hope they enjoy there holiday in Spain next week. Wonder if they spare a thought for the ex employees

Ponciau
    Participant

Would be better if the Welsh assembly government re instated the subsidies that they took off Wrexham council some years back because ther are lots of services that wil not re appear because of their financial negativity it’s 2016 for gods sake this wouldn’t happen south of the M4 come on Local AM’s fight for Wrexham

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=116364]Would be better if the Welsh assembly government re instated the subsidies that they took off Wrexham council some years back because ther are lots of services that wil not re appear because of their financial negativity it’s 2016 for gods sake this wouldn’t happen south of the M4 come on Local AM’s fight for Wrexham

[/quote]

Your quite right it would [or should] be better but the subsidies are not there anymore and were only designed as to kick-start a route so the operator could establish it as a going commercial cause. Certain operators took the WAG cash, took the piss then when it stop the route crashed!

The obviously well informed Plaid Cymru’s North Wales AM, apart from being wrong about ‘school children stranded for the following morning’ also states that “De-regulated public transport isn’t working – this isn’t the first bus company that’s gone bust in Wales and I fear it won’t be the last. We need to re-think how we ensure better integrated public transport here in Wales.” De-reg was 1986 – 30 years in October – so it should have by now – or has all this time been a trial / consultation period? Prob!
    Unless the WAG have got millions to throw at public transport – recent budget cuts would suggest not – people need to realise its not happening. I agree that certain areas are cut off now, but Community Councils and residents groups should do something useful for once and call their own meetings, maybe invite local taxi/bus operators and arrange 8 or 16 seat vehicles to fill the gaps. For eg. a link from Glyn Ceiriog to Chirk 3 or 4 times a day for buses to Wrexham & Oswestry. As for the ‘tourist industry suffering’ in this day and age, it cannot be left to someone else every time to deliver customers. No offence.

Nen
    Participant

I’m not sure how this is going to be solved. Arriva and Jones have already cherry picked that most profitable routes and it’s likely that those that are left over are the loss making ones. These would need to be subsidised with public money to make them viable – Wrexham Council has had cuts to transport and is broke whilst the Welsh Government has enough on its plate with the ambitious South Wales Metro system it is developing which includes trams and hundreds of millions of funding

Here it is, sounds a really exciting project:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/south-wales-metro-vision-set-10521471

wxmbda
    Participant

well why have a go at arriva or d jones’s they obviously care enough to make the effort to cover some of the routes affected if as you say the profitable ones maybe, but would you if you were a bus company run a loss making route i dont think so, hence why the other routes are not covered yet, there are some of them that could be combined and make it easier to cover them but it should be up to the council to figure that out not arriva or jones’s also there are some routes that need to be covered out in the wilds true but there are some people that expect a bus route to be on their doorstep and are not prepared to walk a couplE of hundred yards or so no i dont mean elderly people either their plight is understandeble, so please let the council figure it out isnt it what they are paid for ALLEDGEDLY.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News