GHA Coaches

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum GHA Coaches

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

It is reported on the traveline cymru website that :

‘Due to the company going into administration, GHA Coaches will no longer be providing services from Thursday 14th July.’

Link :
    https://www.traveline.cymru/disruptions/496/

wxmbda
    Participant

Well if the company took the threats of safety serious this would never have arisen this company flouted so many safety laws and conditions it is unbelievable feel sorry for the drivers but they also contributed to safety conditions to by being on their mobile phones whilst driving which is illegal and driving unsafe buses knowing that they were unsafe people run Arriva down but their safety record is excellent and their staff much more helpful and polite.

Veridisa
    Participant

Is any company planning on taking over the routes.feel sorry for people on the industrial estate who rely on the bus for work

Daave63
    Participant

Only Council funded School contracts will operate [using alternative operators] but as far as I am aware NO GHA public transport services will operate on Thursday!!

Transportuser
    Participant

[quote quote=116107]Well if the company took the threats of safety serious this would never have arisen this company flouted so many safety laws and conditions it is unbelievable feel sorry for the drivers but they also contributed to safety conditions to by being on their mobile phones whilst driving which is illegal and driving unsafe buses knowing that they were unsafe people run Arriva down but their safety record is excellent and their staff much more helpful and polite.

[/quote]

A dreadful company with non existent customer services.
    Timing was a game of roulette as they seemed to have scant regard for timetables.
    Some of the busses in a terrible state and some, but not all, of the drivers seemed to think they were in a race to their destination having little concern for their passengers comfort and safety.
    Combine that with their appalling record on H&S, improvement notices served in 2011, and 2015, but still not heeded despite extensions and it’s obvious they were incapable of running a business.

To shut like that, with no warning to the customers, or the councils, just emphasises their total contempt for their customers, especially the school children who relied on them.

I wonder if they paid their £90,000 fine, and £3,068 costs?

chrisedw
    Participant

It took a small number of drivers, which sad to say we’re mostly of foreign origin to paint such a bad picture of the GHA company. I knew most of the drivers and I can honestly say that the majority of them were hard working and a dedicated group of individuals. Many would at the drop of a hat change all their plans and arrangements to help out whenever a problem occurred which, sad to say, was a regular occurrence. GHA’s problems started about two years ago with the appointing of their latest general manager. The company began to spiral out of control almost immediately he was employed. Somebody once told me that his previous position at another bus company met with the same fate.
    What is more intriguing is “how didn’t the GHA directors see this happening?” The warning signs were there for a long time.
    Call it an oversight if you like, I call it bad management.

Topper
    Participant

[quote quote=116132]… small number of drivers, which sad to say we’re mostly of foreign origin to paint such a bad picture of the GHA company… [/quote]

I see you are one of those who blame others (especially other nationals) for your/our own failings. Arriva has quite a few Polish (and I think also Slovakian, but not 100% sure on that) drivers, and they are a good and polite bunch.

I used GHA for the past few years to go between Ruabon, Wrexham and Wrexham Ind. Est. on a nearly daily basis, and I am “sad to say” the local Brit/Welsh drivers were the worst – half blind or deaf, driving like drag racers over speedbumps or around corners. On a couple of occasions I had to leave the bus a bit early and leg it home, out of fear of puking, as the driver’s antics made me feel really sick – and that’s coming from a guy who can ride most of amusement parks attractions without batting an eyelash.

Wrecsam_lad
    Participant

Sad news for all the employees.

But now Wrexham council need to restore as many of these lost services / bus routes as possible, and soon, mainly Wrexham Ind. Est. Lots of people rely on that service, and considering it is one of the biggest industrial estates in Europe the public transport service to and from there has always been dire..

pete
    Participant

[quote quote=116172]Sad news for all the employees.
    But now Wrexham council need to restore as many of these lost services / bus routes as possible, and soon, mainly Wrexham Ind. Est. Lots of people rely on that service, and considering it is one of the biggest industrial estates in Europe the public transport service to and from there has always been dire..
    [/quote]
    Maybe see if Arriva will extend some of their routes to the industrial estate (maybe the number 5 route that they have taken over), even if it’s just in the morning/evening peak?
    Were there going to be any extra bus services to serve the prison anyway?

welshman1000
    Participant

Where are the knights in shining armour — Mr. Lucas, Ms Griffiths & Mr.Skates;
    reminds me of Nero & Rome. 420 of their constituents out of work via GHA issue where are they?
    Welsh Assembly Labour run — Carwyn Jones where are you? — no welsh assembly election on so maybe a bit difficult to visit North of Merthyr!
    Maybe if it was South of Merthyr would there be a plan — its a bit of a deja vu Sharps in Llay 400 jobs where were you?
    HMRC — job done — 420 PAYE tax & national insurance contributions down the pan; — 420 to claim welfare benefits and Banks to the rescue not!
    what a result!
    and worst of all no buses for all you people that rely on them.
    Welsh Labour — working for you!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News