Gething Statement

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Gething Statement

• Author

Matt
    Participant

With the new Three Tier System in place in England and our Welsh health minister basically telling us things are going to get a whole lot worse, people will be hospitalised, people will die and the R number at 1.37. Is it now time to put in place more restrictions in Wales?

I fully appreciate that shutting down life is difficult and it’s the story of the year for a lot of us, back to no schooling for my family (see school thread), we’ve not been able to go anywhere on holiday, even in the UK and now can’t travel out of the county. But it just seems to be the case that people aren’t playing by the rules we have in place now, that in principle should be getting the numbers down.

I’m not sure where we go from here, as a full national lockdown will screw up the economy, but equally unless we get things under control a wholly contagious country will stop people from working and putting people off from going out spending anyway and eventually put us into a bigger and longer more severe lockdown to stop deaths spiralling, so it’s a bit of a rock and hard place situation.

JaneJ
    Participant

Matt 100% behind you – no one should underestimate the messages that are coming out from politicians and Health. It is clear that many people who have not thought of Covid as being serious and that they will not be affected. It is time to realise that each and everyone of us will become aware of someone affected and probably someone dying.
    If you don’t believe this then talk to staff in our hospitals – they are the front line soldiers having to fight Covid many not even had a proper break since the high levels we saw in April and May.
    Let us all unite and fight this pandemic together for the sake of everyone whether young people or older people everyone needs to be protected now. The solution does not fall to politicians but all the population no matter where they live.

JaneJ
    Participant

zinger
    Participant

@Ratty tweeted “One thing I would like to know is why can Merthyr and RCT identify with some accuracy where the Covid-19 hotspots are in their counties but we, apparently, cannot? The public needs to know where and what to avoid. It cannot be the same risk in Glynceiriog as Glyndwr University!”

Wrexham.com tweeted that they asked First Minister for local copies of the @really useful’ heat map & 4 days & later nothing back or in the public domain.

Be honest. North Wales are out on our own.

MP1953
    Participant

Been saying this for a while now, they must know exactly where the cases are coming from, as even in Wrexham most people have quite likely never been anywhere near anyone with the virus, I personally still don’t know of anyone that has got it or had it.

It suits the agenda to not put out the details Zinger is asking for and that is to keep everyone on high alert, of which some may say is how it should be, but I say again whats the end game as there will never be zero cases or a vaccine any time soon.

pastrylover
    Participant

I do not vote Labour, but old Gething in my opinion has done alright. He has said what will happen if we don’t listen, he has begged us to follow rules before we loose the pub. Gething is not a mind reader, but he is far better than what the English have across the border. Give the man a break, I truly believe that the Welsh Parliament (assembly) want what’s best for wales. Whether I think its you, or you do, they have no fucking idea what’s going on, but they are doing it Wales

dewi73
    Participant

Vaughan Gething can’t follow his own rules so why does he expect everyone else to

Matt
    Participant

What, so on the logic that he ate some takeaway chips whilst on a walk with his family back in May and a tabloid incorrectly said this wasn’t allowed, everyone should flout rules and allow Covid to spread? Sound advice there.

parkingmad
    Participant

There is no guarantee this lockdown will work. It’s getting to political.

zinger
    Participant
Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News